Author Topic: FNG here  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Snowy

• THANKS 0
  • REMLR No: 2320-66-128-4220
FNG here
« on: December 23, 2022, 12:07:48 PM »
Hi new to the site :) will have a dig around & then after getting familiar with how it works ( I'm Old & computers hate me ) will start annoying you
    all with questions Cheers

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: FNG here
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 02:43:52 PM »
Welcome Snowy - enjoy exploring the site, lots of excellence and experience here - Do you have any land rover projects underway?

Cheers   STDDIVER

Offline Snowy

• THANKS 0
  • REMLR No: 2320-66-128-4220
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:51:56 PM »
Hi Mate, yep I have a FFR that I'm slowly repairing & upgrading (long list) so far have a new canvas to replace the old one that was like a sit down shower when it rained, have had to replace the gear box as that crapped out on me :( Have installed power steering as was getting to old to wretch on the wheel , massive difference! Just starting on the paint work & have had to put that on hold while I deal with a starter motor issue. Also looking to see who is around the Frankston area in Vic. to compare notes on Mechanics who like to fiddle with Perenties. Cheers

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 11:17:52 AM »
Hi Snowy - Thanks for the info - I am at the western end of the State, Portland, so a bit away from Frankston.  I have a FFR as well, and my next purchase will be a new canvas tilt  - same reason, leaky.  You have probably already done this, but I recommend checking all of your rubber hoses - and flushing the entire cooling system.  Really good preventative practice.  I really love my perentie and I have the power steering option as well.  Cheers   STDDIVER

Offline glbest

• THANKS 19
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 01:32:15 PM »
just a heads up, don't go by the speedo. Always refer back to the logbook in regards to milage as the vehicles have had a rebuild and the speedos were not c recalibrate
Greg