Author Topic: Graysonline Auction Blue Slip Inspection Reports  (Read 11309 times)

Tommy

Graysonline Auction Blue Slip Inspection Reports
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:19:07 PM »
I was surprised to see that a simple Mobile Mechanical Repair business was performing the Vehicle Inspection Reports for the vehicles in the Graysonline auction. I would have thought that a major player in the mechanical repair industry would have the contract.

After a little checking on the net, I was amazed to find that Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs is currently an unregistered business with ASIC - Australian Securities and Investment Commission. ASIC has recently taken over the duties of New South Wales business registration from NSW Fair Trading. As the business was deregistered in 2011, it does not possess an ABN.

Cancelled name here - https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bn/SearchBnRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=tnn7basu1_4  Select Business Name Index and type Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs in box below.

Business name availability - https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=panelSearch&adf.tfDoc=/taskflows/panelSearch.xml&searchTab=bnsearch&searchText=amo%27s+mobile+mechanical+repairs&searchType=BnNameAvail

I wonder what legal ramifications may exist if an unregistered business is preparing NSW Blue Slip inspection reports for these vehicles. Who is the vehicle examiner working for? Can he sign off the report under a deregistered business name? What will happen if a vehicle is involved in an accident due to mechanical failure after delivery to new owner.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:33:11 PM by Tommy »

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
Re: Graysonline Auction Blue Slip Inspection Reports
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
AFAIK in nsw the examiner is licensed not the bussiness but mobile mechanics cant do pink or blue slips so he may be working for grays themselves
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline boxy

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 50
  • REMLR No: 422
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
I feel sorry for whoever bought the Mack's.

I was always told that they are overweight on their front axles and could never be registered for civilian use.

boxy
RFSV (Upgrade) 51-670
RAAF Aluminium Trailer
Haulmark PT2-2 204-550
Haulmark PT1-1.2 204-831

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:14 AM »

Ooh! this will be an interesting thread to watch !

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »
I would have thought with the macks if they got a blue slip then all you had to do was pay your money and they would be registered if they were over weight they would not get the blue slip?
Geoff C

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
I feel sorry for whoever bought the Mack's.

I was always told that they are overweight on their front axles and could never be registered for civilian use.

boxy
This has been a story doing the rounds for a while and I have no idea if it's true or not.  (It may be one of the urban myths like the perenties not being ADR compliant.) However there are many places that this sort of vehicle can be used without registration.  Just look at the ex-Army Leyland/Scammel contractors, at least one is used as a dump truck in a NSW coal mine and never leaves the site.

Apparently under EU and US Regs the axle weight is not a problem.

As for the blue slips cookey knows the regs better than any of us, but it is the individual that has the examiner certificate. and they frequently work for other businesses, such as new car dealers etc.  There is no reason why a mobile mechanic couldn't be approved but he would be required to have a physical address for the service of notices, so that may even be his (sic) home.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:41:24 PM by Diana Alan »
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
Just as a side note did anybody notice what type of vehical that blue slip is for ;D

That alone would make me question his competency when working with landrovers they are american made arnt they:)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:21:59 PM by THE BOOGER »
Geoff C

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »
He only discovered that it was a Land Rover 110!  :o
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline usi

• THANKS 0
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »
Got a plate on mine today, 110 Defender 4x4  :-X

My blueslip was the same as above

Tommy

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »
As a matter of interest, a business that seeks AIS (Authorised Inspection Scheme) - Application for AUVIS (Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station) Station Accreditation (Unregistered Vehicles) must apply to and be approved by NSW Roads and Maritime Services.

To be granted Inspection Station status, the form shown below must be filled out and submitted to RMS Inspection Program Services for approval and therefore, accreditation. As part of the process, the applicant must consent to the disclosure by the Police, Office of Fair Trading and Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority of information required by Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) to verify any details given in the application.

The form also requires the applicant to nominate examiner/s and provide details including number. As this is the case, Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs would be responsible for nominating the examiner to undertake inspections. So who does examiner A68306 work for if Amo's doesn't exist?

The following is taken from here - http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/ais_business_rules_july2010.pdf

2.1 Responsibilities of an Authorised Examiner

• If an Authorised Examiner considers that a vehicle is unsafe in any way not covered by the
   AIS Rules, the vehicle is not to be passed as safe. In these instances contact must be made
   with Technical Enquiries.
• The requirements set out in these rules cover the majority of inspection checks. If an
   Authorised Examiner has any doubts about any vehicle standard, inspection procedure or
   AIS Rule, contact Technical Enquiries
• The RTA may impose conditions on any accreditation which may alter the Authorised
   Examiner’s authority
• These rules apply to all makes and models of vehicles. However, there may be situations
   where manufacturers’ specifications and guidelines appear to conflict with the rules. In
   these instances contact Technical Enquiries
An Authorised Examiner can only conduct an inspection and complete/issue Inspection
   Reports at an AIS where he/she is appointed

• An Authorised Examiner must continually hold a current Tradesperson’s Certificate for
   the class of vehicle he/she is authorised and accredited to inspect.

As Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs is an unregistered business with no ABN, ACN or current AIS number, it must therefore be unlawful to represent itself as an accredited AUVIS Inspection Station as noted on the Blue Slip.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:13:38 PM by Tommy »

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:32:21 AM »
AS I said, ask cookey about the RMS/RTA and being an authorised inspection station/blue slip examiner.  He was one before he closed up his workshop in Moorebank to go out on his truck.
REMLR 240.

Offline bobslandies

• THANKS 8
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:49 AM »
As a matter of interest, a business that seeks AIS (Authorised Inspection Scheme) - Application for AUVIS (Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station) Station Accreditation (Unregistered Vehicles) must apply to and be approved by NSW Roads and Maritime Services.

To be granted Inspection Station status, the form shown below must be filled out and submitted to RMS Inspection Program Services for approval and therefore, accreditation. As part of the process, the applicant must consent to the disclosure by the Police, Office of Fair Trading and Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority of information required by Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) to verify any details given in the application.

The form also requires the applicant to nominate examiner/s and provide details including number. As this is the case, Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs would be responsible for nominating the examiner to undertake inspections. So who does examiner A68306 work for if Amo's doesn't exist?

The following is taken from here - http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/ais_business_rules_july2010.pdf

2.1 Responsibilities of an Authorised Examiner

• If an Authorised Examiner considers that a vehicle is unsafe in any way not covered by the
   AIS Rules, the vehicle is not to be passed as safe. In these instances contact must be made
   with Technical Enquiries.
• The requirements set out in these rules cover the majority of inspection checks. If an
   Authorised Examiner has any doubts about any vehicle standard, inspection procedure or
   AIS Rule, contact Technical Enquiries
• The RTA may impose conditions on any accreditation which may alter the Authorised
   Examiner’s authority
• These rules apply to all makes and models of vehicles. However, there may be situations
   where manufacturers’ specifications and guidelines appear to conflict with the rules. In
   these instances contact Technical Enquiries
An Authorised Examiner can only conduct an inspection and complete/issue Inspection
   Reports at an AIS where he/she is appointed

• An Authorised Examiner must continually hold a current Tradesperson’s Certificate for
   the class of vehicle he/she is authorised and accredited to inspect.

As Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs is an unregistered business with no ABN, ACN or current AIS number, it must therefore be unlawful to represent itself as an accredited AUVIS Inspection Station as noted on the Blue Slip.

This thread is particularly unhelpful and is likely to cause confusion with speculation, allegations and statements that are quite misleading. The businesses (Gray's, Australian Frontline Machinery and probably also the public servants involved) carrying out this enterprise would have fully checked out their partners and contractors.

The AIS Register is found by going here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi
Go to the REGISTRATION Tab then GET A SAFETY CHECK - then - Find an Authorised Safety Check Station:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=inspectionstation.form - then search using a Postcode, etc

Search Postcode 2556 (Minto) lists:
"Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs" as Accredited to do: Safety Inspections; All Light Vehicles; LPG Inspections;
Unregistered Light Vehicle Inspections.

There are also a few Heavy Vehicle Inspection Stations in the area, maybe Amo's are also accredited more recently to do that.

This is the latest NSW Transport Roads & Maritime Services listing on their website although it has © Roads and Maritime Services Last Updated: 03 November 2011 at the bottom of the page. Took a few minutes to find.

Google the business' name - lots of references to it. Quite likely also the the name of the business is just a Trading Name and we don't have to know the "official" Registered Business Name.

As the non-existent mystery has now been explained an apology might be in order.

Bob
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:39:45 AM by bobslandies »

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »
Yes, it is in all lilelyhood just a trading name, not a business name.  The other thing to be careful of here TOmmy is that this is a public forum, and the accusations that you are making could be considered slander and result in legal action against you.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Tommy

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
Yes, it is in all lilelyhood just a trading name, not a business name.  The other thing to be careful of here TOmmy is that this is a public forum, and the accusations that you are making could be considered slander and result in legal action against you.

No slander here Richard, just an interesting anomaly with the process. I found this rather interesting and am simply making members aware of it.

Tommy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

This thread is particularly unhelpful and is likely to cause confusion with speculation, allegations and statements that are quite misleading. The businesses (Gray's, Australian Frontline Machinery and probably also the public servants involved) carrying out this enterprise would have fully checked out their partners and contractors.

The AIS Register is found by going here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi
Go to the REGISTRATION Tab then GET A SAFETY CHECK - then - Find an Authorised Safety Check Station:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=inspectionstation.form - then search using a Postcode, etc

Search Postcode 2556 (Minto) lists:
"Amo's Mobile Mechanical Repairs" as Accredited to do: Safety Inspections; All Light Vehicles; LPG Inspections;
Unregistered Light Vehicle Inspections.

There are also a few Heavy Vehicle Inspection Stations in the area, maybe Amo's are also accredited more recently to do that.

This is the latest NSW Transport Roads & Maritime Services listing on their website although it has © Roads and Maritime Services Last Updated: 03 November 2011 at the bottom of the page. Took a few minutes to find.

Google the business' name - lots of references to it. Quite likely also the the name of the business is just a Trading Name and we don't have to know the "official" Registered Business Name.

As the non-existent mystery has now been explained an apology might be in order.

Bob

I think you have missed my point Bob. My interest in this matter is that the Blue Slip has been stamped with what appears to be an unregistered business name/trading name.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:39:24 AM by Tommy »