Author Topic: Carzee's shed  (Read 83657 times)

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
Re: Carzee's place
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »
The engine is on the stand. The engine is on the stand.
Sounds like a secret squirrel pass code.

Also, around dinner time... the cummins crane has left the house and its back whence it came.
I got some 5in long 3/8 UNFs which I also tried on the front dumbirons -  perfect. So when they are finished doing the stand job... expensive things. While i was there at the bolt shop i got some little 'uns for the 5 rear tub tabs etc.

TAFE all day 2mrw.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:29:55 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
This week was busy. Then there was yesterday, Saturday, in the rain...

Stevie and I left in the Falcon before first light and drove up to Cookey's. Arrived 8.30 in the drizzle. We and spent the whole rainy day there with Cookey. Scotty came down and arrived at Cookey's to help remove the rear GS tub from a donor 69 GS that Cookey selected. ARN 176-610 it turns out.
We got home -still in torrents of rain- at 11pm, at least the Falcon and the GS tub got jet-washed all the way home. No Falcon dramas on the trip this time.

It was a bigs days effort, and a fiddly job. I want to thank the boys for their work but especially I want to thank Cookey for his work and his generosity with time and experience. We owe Cookey a day on his Stg1 restoration. I think Cookey got the brush guard and bumper off in the time it took us to get most of the drivers floor bolts etc, then he got the passenger side floor and box undone too. Scotty and Stevie did a tag team thing on the rear cross-member fixings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLuxKkJeQ7Y

At length we loaded the trailer and wagon and headed home with nearly everything GS except scone cutters and a drivers mudguard. Hoops, bonnet, front bar, D tow points, diff light, the list goes on.

I used a box trailer. On the trailer I tied a steel frame for a long table. I had removed the wooden top. We roped the table framework and covered it with old carpet for padding. All 4 of us lifted the tub up onto the table frame then Cookey tied it down. This meant the tub was clear of the trailer mudguards etc. The GS tub and the trailer are roughly the same length and width. Under the tub and frame we stashed the other parts. Worked okay.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:56:36 PM by Carzee »

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Gee, I hate that, LOL "Carzee's Rent a Crowd" LOL, something similar happens up in Qld at the "Ho Har's place LOL, nice to hear ??the rain on the roof, I spent a hectic 2 daze at one of my many places of work :'( :'(, I could have removed one if cookey's Inter;s while you had him occupied LOL, anyway cheers Dennis ;)

Offline Minikeg

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 77
  • REMLR No: 316
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »

I'm not completely useless.. I'm missing some of the pieces
110-415 'Agro' 1959 88" CR              111-676 'Pickles II' 1959 88" CR
114-270 'Maya' 1967 109" GS/WS      113-368 'Castrol' 1964 88" GS
48-975 'Reptar' 1988 110" FFR           48-932 'Widget' 1988 110" GS

Offline drifter

• THANKS 11
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Man, I would enjoy a shed that size! It was raining so consistently today I had to make some room in the garage to poke the front end of the Stage 1 in to do some stuff on it. A shed like that would be awesome.

You must nearly have enough parts to start putting stuff together now...

Offline fc101

• THANKS 55
  • REMLR No: 243
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
What put the lounge back in the lounge room and the fridge back in the kitchen  ;D

Offline drifter

• THANKS 11
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »
What put the lounge back in the lounge room and the fridge back in the kitchen  ;D

Hell no.

A man's gotta have a few comforts in the shed.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »
snip--- :'(, I could have removed one if cookey's Inters while you had him occupied LOL, anyway cheers Dennis ;)

We'd all have noticed the Inter's tyre ruts thru the mud outside the door if you took one out... the Falcon easy would bottom out on a Inter mud rut! :)

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
I hope you all liked the surveillance video from Stevie. There's enough for a box set one day.

Thx for the photo in traffic/rain Scotty. Explains the trailer well.

Man, I would enjoy a shed that size! It was raining so consistently today I had to make some room in the garage to poke the front end of the Stage 1 in to do some stuff on it. A shed like that would be awesome.

You must nearly have enough parts to start putting stuff together now...

Everyone would like a shed like Cookeys. Amazing history there. And rain rain rain - might get in some game fishing in Lake George soon. And parts... main thing we're hunting now is the inside stiffner sheets for the guards and a drivers guard that isn't cracked etc.

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »
What do you mean by 'stiffening sheets??' do you mean the steel tie bars that attach to the edges of the tub<<>>to the underside of the tub?? Please explain?? LOL cheers Dennis
ps do you know if Scott got my cryptic message re part on ebay???

Offline drifter

• THANKS 11
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »
What do you mean by 'stiffening sheets??' do you mean the steel tie bars that attach to the edges of the tub<<>>to the underside of the tub?? Please explain?? LOL cheers Dennis

Maybe those inner bits of metal that stop the crap from the tyres coating the steering box? Or did those only come in on the newer models?

Offline drifter

• THANKS 11
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
<snip>

.. might get in some game fishing in Lake George soon.

Just remember - it's tag and release only.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:51 PM »
Just remember - it's tag and release only.

Well, theres an election this year. GF rules could change. In the meantime I'll submit a small business grant application to start a prawning business -prawns from the coast just aren't fresh enough. And the Lake George gets runoff from the wineries and cherry orchards and then theres the lamb thing going on... so its perfect for the very gourmet Masterchef crowd I'm sure.  ;D

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »

Well, I mean R330445, R330448 "mudshields"
http://www.yrmlandrover.com/epages/BT3575.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3575/Products/165

As for Scotty and the part, yeah I got it.

Unfortunately I was a bit distracted today -- tidying up, unloading the trailer, etc. And then, about 6pm, the set of doors arrived from UK. Excellent. I'm wowed by them. Also today I rubbed an old high range knob. Began a very faded filthy yellow and now its much better.

Offline Minikeg

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 77
  • REMLR No: 316
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »

I did, but I am poor. Also unsure if mine comes with that or not, still yet to see it

Also today I rubbed an old high range knob. Began a very faded filthy yellow and now its much better.

This is a family-friendly forum, no need for your filth here  ;D
I'm not completely useless.. I'm missing some of the pieces
110-415 'Agro' 1959 88" CR              111-676 'Pickles II' 1959 88" CR
114-270 'Maya' 1967 109" GS/WS      113-368 'Castrol' 1964 88" GS
48-975 'Reptar' 1988 110" FFR           48-932 'Widget' 1988 110" GS