Author Topic: ARB Air Compressor fittings  (Read 241 times)

Offline Dozer

• THANKS 5
ARB Air Compressor fittings
« on: October 05, 2020, 07:45:30 PM »
I have the RFSV with the ARB CKMA 12 in car air compressor.  I finally got around to replacing the cracked air hose in the engine bay, inserted a maxi 40A fuse and got it running again.

Does anyone know what size the outlet is that is located on the passenger side firewall?  It doesn't seem to have standard size fitting so just wondering what I should be asking for when buying a hose and regulator to get air to the tyres.

Thanks  :)
Perentie RFSV ARN 48002;  No.5 trailer ARN 177277; No.5 trailer ARN 173261;  Haulmark PT1-1.2 Cargo Trailer ARN 205034; Half-ponton ("Bailey or Ugli") bridge boat 63447; Silverwood dual axle RAN boat trailer NIC 20104; Marston Mat hoarder; Suzuki DRZ 400 E military spec

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 63
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: ARB Air Compressor fittings
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »
Hi Dozer on my compressor I fitted and used 1/4" Gas Ryco fittings which mate to all my air accessories on the vehicle and my air tools.  In reality you can use Nitto, Broomwade or whatever system you like.  I used 1/4" BSPT* threads - wasn't sure if it was NPT or parallel thread so I just ran in a fresh thread tap to make sure into the connection.     * Brisish Standard Pipe Taper thread.  I bought a standard tyre inflator with gauge which has a 10 bar line working pressure and used this to inflate tyres by connecting it into a male Ryco connector.  I left a female Ryco connection on the outlet with a rubber cap to stop dust and muck getting into the line.  (Tyre inflator with gauge $9+ Grays on line)  Set up your own hose to suit.  I have a hose long enough that goes from the compressor outlet to all parts of the vehicle including the two rear spares on the RFSV and a bit more for the air matress.  The tyre inflator fits onto this hose via another female Ryco connection.    Cheers   STDDIVER