Author Topic: My 48-284 and the 2015 Camden Military Tattoo  (Read 860 times)

Offline Beefs

• THANKS 1
My 48-284 and the 2015 Camden Military Tattoo
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »
Hi there everyone, thought I’d put up a quick post about my Perentie I picked up recently.

It is an MC2 and ARN 48-284, although the only way I found that was finding the VIN on the database. I’ve been unable to find the ARN on the unit itself anywhere just yet. The only number I’ve found in the same format is 54-238? in yellow pen on top of the engine, but that doesn’t seem to align with any ARN - does anyone know what that means? It currently has just over 24000km on the odometer.

The tac plates are present - I believe they are training command and the school of artillery?

The jack, tool roll, chocks, grease gun and jerry can pourer are also present. It also came with the bonnet tools except for the pick handle.

My theory for why it’s so complete is based on a “permit” for the 2015 Camden Military Tattoo found in the door. I  assume the vehicle would have been fully fitted out for the tattoo which was held in March 2015.  Records show the vehicle was then auctioned off in July 2015.  I have found one photo where a Perentie is partially shown at the tattoo on northernrecongroup.org - the camo matches my vehicle well except the tan behind the fuel filler - possibly patched up? If anyone has any other photos it would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t have any other history on it as yet - my assumption based on the tac plates is it had a quiet life in Sydney.

The previous owner had rear seatbelts installed and certified but other than that I plan to keep it original at this stage. I am chasing a few parts which I’ll put up a post for. Mainly the cargo rack, the windscreen washer spray shroud and the top part of the right rear stretcher clamp at this stage. Glad I found this site, a wealth of knowledge to draw on. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:34:28 PM by Beefs »

Offline oldfella

• THANKS 0
Re: My 48-284 and the 2015 Camden Military Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Have you obtained a windscreen washer spray shroud?

Offline Beefs

• THANKS 1
Re: My 48-284 and the 2015 Camden Military Tattoo
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:41:24 PM »
Hi Oldfella - no I haven’t managed to track down a windscreen washer shroud yet, are you looking also?