Author Topic: AFM National Perentie Meet  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
AFM National Perentie Meet
« on: August 14, 2019, 08:50:26 PM »
G'day all, National Perentie Meet October Long weekend 4-6. Albury. Land Rover convoy?????
Anyone else read this email?
Cheers, Rob

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
Re: AFM National Perentie Meet
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »
Sorry its wasnt in events but the flyer is on tge forum
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:32:13 PM »
I'm not sure whether to go. It's a big ask from my location.
Cheers

Offline ECN405

• THANKS 4
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 04:53:06 PM »
I had a look at the program they issued out, there is a cost, but the events over the three days looked interesting, but agree, a great way to get many together to boost auction prices, but 50 Landrovers on offer and more, it will be big I'd think

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 12:21:21 AM »
I'm not sure whether to go. It's a big ask from my location.
Cheers

Likewise Rob .... I 'm thinking that I would rather go to the Corowa Swim-in next March https://www.corowaswim-in.org.

Less hype and a more laid back time and I won't be offered " 'secure' parking for my Perentie and a shuttle bus to my accommodation". :)
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 07:22:11 AM »
G'day,  just wondering if someone who attended could give their thoughts on the weekend and maybe any photos of the convoy. Cheers, Rob

Offline the_grey_ghost

• THANKS 7
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 03:36:14 PM »
Hi Rob,

I attended in my FFR.. My thoughts? Mixed to be honest. There were 50 Perenties for sale, in various states of repair.
I asked one staff member "did all of these drive into the warehouse?". The answer was "yes - everything in here, drove in". (This got me excited whilst looking at some of the "wrecks")
The next day a different staff member asked if he could help me (I was back looking at the wrecks).. I asked the same question - and got a different reply: "see those 12 on that wall - they had to be fork lifted into place"
On the Sunday the staff were moving all of the Perenties out of the warehouse - some drove, some were towed, some had to be moved by forklift (suggesting that they couldn't be pushed or towed)

As for the parts on offer - the good news is that there were a lot of parts on offer, and I think that everything sold.
The bad news (in my eyes) - was that dealers appeared to be snapping up most of the parts. I walked behind two guys with a clip board "yep - let's pay $2K for that lot, yep $3K for that"....
In my eyes it was not set-up for a person to go along and buy one thing - for example, there was a pallet of "major service kits". I think 12 on the pallet, which from memory sold for $1,700.

The good news is - at least the parts are out there, and will eventually be for sale (possibly at inflated prices, who knows?)

The staff said that there were planning another "big" action - same time, next year.

There was a few boxes of free stuff there - which didn't last long!

If I was to go to another auction - I would take a digital copy of the parts book. Sometimes it was difficult trying to work out what parts were on sale.. Most lots had a mix'n'match of seemingly random parts.

I camped with a group of people, who tried to buddy up and buy lot's together - but from memory it didn't work out.

It was Perentie heaven there - looking at the 50 for sale, and all of the lots.. But a lot of people walked away either empty handed OR disappointed..

Here are a few pics:

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 07:17:09 AM »
Thanks Grey Ghost,  good read and some nice photos. Cheers, Rob

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 110
  • REMLR No: 310