Author Topic: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: 25 August  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: 25 August
« on: July 28, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »
Some Canberra Ex-Mil Landy owners are getting together for a chit chat and coffee, its a local social.

Sunday 25th August
10.30 am

Its near the beach, on the southern shores of Yarralumla, at the McKay Aquatic Ctr carpark.

Note: marked spaces for 32 vehicles only - so please respond early - get in quick. Do not miss out on a spot. :)

Which day is the question. Saturday 24 or Sunday 25? Which suits more people? Lets sort out the best day for it.

All Ex-Mil Land Rovers and other mil veh welcome.

Public toilets on loc. BBQ and picnic tables if you want to eat. Coffee or Tea DIY.
Dogs and cats on a leash is okay. Kids too. (remember to bring pooperscooper).

All weather event. If it rains we still go ahead.

Loc Safety Alerts:
Evacuation Assembly Point will be the carpark. Swim between the flags - be advised you may need a wetsuit. The beach is not patrolled. Check the flags to be sure there are no rips or undertows on the day. If you want to bring your rod to fish be aware the Carp bag limit is one (1) tonne and overloaded trailer penalties may apply :)

Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:28:43 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
Re: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: tba 24 or 25 August
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Additional idea - trying out flat tyre gear, practice changing tyres. I have a trailer tyre with a dead Olympic Steel trek to remove. New beadbreaker, tyre levers and some lube from a tyre shop.

Attending so far:

Ross & Kay FFR
Stevie FFR
Greg FFR
Wayne GS
Dervish Wgn
CraigB FFR
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:30:04 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
Re: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: Sunday 25 August
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:06:25 PM »
So far the attendees listed above have said that (for variety of reasons) Sunday 25th is the better option for the get-together.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:26:49 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
Re: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: 25 August
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:32:30 PM »
Hi Craig, glad you found it on the streetview thing. I'm looking forward to the meeting.

Special favour.......... could you put the event on the Facebook Groups for me. I no longer freq the socials.

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 12:28:14 AM »

However, being Facebook, halve that number then multiply THAT by 0.112 for an accurate estimate of who MAY actually turn up on the day.  ;-)

Debating whether I should bring my British Army Ferret petrol stove for some proper car park coffee-making or just stick with a hexy stove and some ratpack instant coffee to overcompensate for the myriad aeropresses, plungers and 12v espresso machines sure to be in attendance. Decisions, decisions...

very droll !  :)

thank you craigb
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 10:36:31 PM »
For the last 2 days i have crashed with the flu. Should clear up by Sunday...

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 01:14:58 PM »
Weekend is nearly here, and the forecast for Sunday is alright too. Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 03:56:41 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
ADFA Open Day today, and a perfect calm blue sky for it. A few different planes buzzed Duntroon. A Caribou dropped some jumpers with coloured smoke and flares (like at the Grand Final) then I watched it land at the airport. Didn't need much real estate to pull up, which was what it was famous for.

On the drive over I saw a car dealer in the main road of Fyshwick, near the Shell petrol roundabout, selling 2 Perenties from the recent auctions. No plates on them.

The real reason I am posting is that I am still with the flu thing all day. Haven't really improved much in 4 days.

Turns out I am not on my own. Wayne rang in earlier and he also has the flu. Missed his birthday too. He has to cancel out the Coffee and chat tomorrow; still housebound. Wayne just told me his flu began badly and they put him in hospital checking things out for Pnemonia etc. He has had the flu for all of the last 10 days. I didn't know. It turned out it came on 2 or 3 days after we went out onto the Brindy ranges to look at the snow dusting back on August 12th when he had an RDO. see pic below.

Oh, and my LRCV went in Wednesday at 0700 to get a Maxidrive axle installed in the front and it is still stuck there awaiting a part. Well waiting twice. The studs delivered overnight were the wrong part, wrong packaging. With the flu I'm not really with it - last night was the worst so far, I had to get up 4 times to clear my throat etc with warm water.

I will go to the event tomorrow but won't be up for much. Apologies in advance. Can't help bad luck.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »
The weather was as good as it gets and it was a good time chatting.

Craig let me try some Biltong from Sydney and his jetboil for coffee since my butane cooker cannister ran dry about 2 minutes from boiling my kettle. Lots of good info about outback places and that his journeys were breakdown free during 12,000km driven in 2018.

Greg had his new Wolf rims on and also his Maxtrax brackets setup. Lots to talk about.

Wayne did arrive at the event despite his condition and enjoyed the meeting.

Another attendee arrived in a civvy car and -as a surprise to us- he informed us about the big Bandiana auction and social event planned for the October Long Weekend.

Safe to say, we are all convinced we will be missing out if we do not go to that event.

I enjoyed today's get together and so did Kay and Bikky. Our Landy is still getting work done so we drove Stevie's FFR.

Last minute apologies were from son Stevie and others on the social media group.

also, since I posted the above when I was doused in Sudafed, I forgot Stephen D. and his children attended the event as well and had some interesting things going on incl. moving houses and fitting ex-mil vehicles into their new garage. Stephen mentioned he is looking for S111 springs.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:54:18 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
Thx for coming Craig, big drive for you and we were sick and missing Land Rovers... but the twist was in the AFM info etc. Worked out ok.