Author Topic: Hi - New member  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Ed

• THANKS 0
  • REMLR No: 29-635
Hi - New member
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:37 AM »
Hi - I just purchased a Land Rover Series 3 with chassis number 94320759C & engine number 94121900B. I am interested in anything to do with its history and also need to pin down a build date to go through the registration process here in the UK. Is anyone able to help ? Thanks Ed.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
Re: Hi - New member
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:57:38 AM »
Welcome Ed. Can you photograph the compliance plate for us please. Also, a lot of the time, Lucas items such as the windscreen wiper motor will have a production date stamped on it.

Offline Ed

• THANKS 0
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:20:16 AM »
Hi - Thanks I have not had a chance to look at the wiper motor yet but here are some pictures. Let me know if I should be looking elsewhere. Thanks.

Offline Young Eric

• THANKS 31
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:04:56 AM »
your compliance plate is showing 4th month of 1978,

delivered 5th month of 1978

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 10:17:41 AM »
Thats one not in the ARN list for Series 3 as yet. A search came back blank for me. That S3 list is incomplete/under construction. It difficult regarding the service or Corps it saw service with (to say the least).

Offline Ed

• THANKS 0
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 06:34:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Will the date of the 30/03/78 be the manufacture date? is there a way to get this date officially on a certificate ?
Here in the UK most Land Rover build dates are held with the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust but I have checked, and they don't hold build dates for the Land Rovers shipped as CKD to Australia. I can't see on the internet how to the equivalent heritage certificate direct from Australia.
The registration authority (DVLA) here state " If you do not have the original foreign registration certificate, DVLA might accept other proof of the manufacture date, for example a letter from the manufacturer or a vehicle enthusiast club." Is there a club contact that could help me with this letter if there is no way to get a certificate with build date ?
I have uploaded a photo showing the vehicle today. I think it remains mostly original apart from the truck cab. 
Many thanks in advance - Ed

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34:54 AM »
The UK DVLA would reject a vehicle's Aust. Govt approved matching ID plates? Your LR is not a rebuild using a non-matching engine, chassis, or modified body. It is original as manufactured in Sydney, it is plated on the dash with further identifications pertaining to a government supply/purchase contract and ADR compliance, fully safety approved for road use in Australia.