Author Topic: Side lockers  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Troy

• THANKS 0
Side lockers
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »
Hello I was hoping someone could give a little guidance , I have a early s2a 109 project that I would like to put side lockers in like the perentie has , I'm in Canada so no one I know here owns a perentie I can look at, so I have been searching the internet trying to find pics of perentie side lockers. Can someone shoot me some dimensions and some pics please. Iam assuming the locker boxes are attached to the frame and then riveted to the body ? Are the locker doors steel? Is there some kind of seal around the door  , what kind of hinges and locks do they have etc  thanks guys . Troy

Offline David

• THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 478
Re: Side lockers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
Troy
The early RFSV Mk1 lockers were bolt in, the upgrade mk2 ones are riveted and glued in with silastic.
As originality doesn't seem as important an issue, I would recommend a bolt in locker as you may wish to remove it sometimes for extra load.
The locker doors are steel and have piano hinges along their outer edge.  Mine have a rubber seal that works pretty well, and the just lock down with padlocks.
I dont have any decent photos handy and have broken my phone/camera so cant help with those at the moment
Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417

Offline David

• THANKS 19
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:33:09 AM »
The extract of the technical data from the RFSV EMEI may help

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 02:48:56 AM »
Rather than the RFSV lockers, do you mean the standard rear side lockers as fitted to all versions of 4x4 Perentie?

Those doors are aluminium, and are locked with the square key "budget lock".

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:05 AM »
The FFR (Fitted For Radio) variant of the 4x4 (also used as the basis for the RFSV vehicles) additionally has two larger side lockers fitted in front of the rear wheels on each side for batteries. These doors are also aluminium and are fitted with two locks on each door.

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 12
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:16:46 AM »
303Gunner,
The RFSV/former FFR in your pic has steel locker doors
I'm doing some work now on the one in your pic, (48-003).
Also my other RFSV (51-589) has the same steel doors to the lockers.

Offline Troy

• THANKS 0
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply , so the side lockers are not actually sealed then from the elements it looks like ? Do the boxes that are inside slide out on rails then ?

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »
Both slide out, ie one storage box ( RFSV ) twin battery FFR. compartment is not sealed from the elements.
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

Offline Troy

• THANKS 0
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 11:01:21 PM »
Are the boxes that slide out sealed ? The boxes must be bolted to the slides ? Are any of the compartment a compartment or do all of them have slides and boxes ? Thanks

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 12
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 12:01:40 AM »
The RFSVslide out document box has a rubber seal on it, some are a better seal than others.
One of mine is water tight, I've had it fully under water for a while with no leaks while another one of the same design leaked a fair amount.

The boxes are riveted to the slides, then the slides have a retaining bolt or two to stop them coming out off the slides.

The rear compartments that are located behind the rear wheels are a proper sort of compartment with a floor in them, but they are not really waterproof at all.

If no one else puts up pics before hand, I'll post some pics for you in the morning.

Offline Troy

• THANKS 0
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 06:42:47 AM »
Great thank you

Offline MVC

• THANKS 0
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 12:18:39 AM »
REMLR has a complete parts schedule for the Perentie. http://www.remlr.com/documents/RPS/PUBR001%20-%204x4%20Perentie%20Combined%20V1.01.pdf
From page 704 you start to see details of the rear locker. On page 710 onwards there are examples of both the battery locker setup including sub-frame. Then on page 730 you see the bin version used on the RFSV’s. Unfortunately it doesn’t show any details on the size of the parts. I hope this information help.
Michael
Perentie GS ARN:49-484
No5 Trailer ARN unknown

Offline David

• THANKS 19
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
The rear compartments that are located behind the rear wheels ...... but they are not really waterproof at all.

The standard 5mm drain hole is at the front of the box and allows water from the spray of the wheel.  I have just used silastic to block the drain hole and around the rivets and I am hoping that if I put a new rubber on the door it will be more waterproof.  If it is I will put a small drain hole into the tub body or one with a lid.  I like to store my recovery gear in a rear locker and it got wet when I tried.