Author Topic: [help] getting wires from the engine bay into the cabin (6x6)  (Read 1109 times)

Offline ComMANder_6x6

• THANKS 1
[help] getting wires from the engine bay into the cabin (6x6)
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
sorry in advance if this has been covered before, i am still learning how to use the forum.

i am in the process of installing a boost pressure and exhaust temp gauge to my 6x6, and cant seem to see how to get the wires through the firewall
(i have removed the air box and the little galvanized plate), but how do you access that from the cabin side?

do i need to remove the dash? or the fuse box?

any tips would be greatly appreciated

Offline BEARMAN

• THANKS 108
  • REMLR No: 430
Re: [help] getting wires from the engine bay into the cabin (6x6)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »
Under the dash is the easiest Allan. But it depends where you are mounting the gauges I guess. I ended up screwing a 3 gauge pod onto the top of the original dash with RPM,boost and EGT gauges and added the 2 extra gauge holes into the standard dash plate and put in an oil pressure and air pressure gauge there..  Have a look where the speedo cable and the vacuum lines go through the firewall. There are a few rubber grommets in there that you can squeeze a few more wires and tubes through. A good mod to add is a radiator low water alarm. You can have a look at mine in Rocky!...Brian
09/1998 Perentie 6X6 ARN202516 - BRUTUS