Author Topic: 1991 Land Rover Perentie 6x6 supplied to the Omani military by Jaguar Rover Aust  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Philthy

• THANKS 71
  • REMLR No: 425
SALLDHAZBY453199

Credit The Dunsfold Collection

http://www.dunsfoldcollection.co.uk/collection/military/perentie-ex-oman-army#v

Exert-  example was delivered to the Omani military and used as a supply vehicle for some ten years. After its withdrawal it was acquired by Land Rover with three others, the intention being to upgrade them to 6x6 heavy duty trucks. Ricardo was contracted to carry out the work but the project never progressed beyond initial trials and only one vehicle was completed and still survives. Of the other three one is known to have gone to Costa Rica, one was scrapped and ours is the remaining one, which was also destined to be scrapped before we stepped in to save it.

Any others a long way from home? The  The Dunsfold Collection looks great. If this has been posted before forgive me. :)

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
How interesting, I new about it, but not sure I had the vin.  the pics are newer than I had as well.  thankyou.

The conversion to a HD 6x6 happened to another vehicle which got a puma angine etc in the upgrade.  Also an ex omani vehicle  more info that we had on the fate of hte others as well.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764