Author Topic: Window winders shrouds?  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Kaneya

• THANKS 15
Window winders shrouds?
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
I am after a set of window winder (shrouds) the plastic/rubber piece between the winder and the door mine have all but perished. I'm not sure rally what they are called, so part number, description or the actual part If anyone has any would be terrific.

Cheers
Brad

Offline Kaneya

• THANKS 15
Re: Window winders shrouds?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Cheers Dianna, that's a start, but thus far when I mention international Mk3 or 4 I usually draw a blank, butterbox, etc a part numb would be terrific if you can locate one.

Regards
Brad.

Ps saw a NSW reg Mk3 going through Holbrook today. Never got a chance at the reg, but it looked bloody nice. Anyone have a little run today?

Offline wfc1

• THANKS 10
  • REMLR No: 37
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
Hi Brad.  Shrouds are different to AA, AB, C, D normal control, Dodges etc. They are bigger in diameter and deeper.  The handles are different. [Sorry Diana, have owned and driven both.] I have access to a parts book for the butterboxes [if it is still there] and will post tomorrow the part nos. if available.  Regards, Bruce.

Offline Wilesman

• THANKS 0
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Hey Brad,
The parts book I have lists the "escutcheon plate" as  3208735R2 & door handle 162294R1, which are IH nos. Don't know if there are still good tho.

I am chasing a door handle if there are any out there.

Cheers,
Ron

Offline wfc1

• THANKS 10
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »
I've tried Cowra, Spectrum rubber St Marys, Vintage Auto rubber Melb, Iveco Syd and several other dealers around the traps, the laughter is still ringing in my ears. " You want what ?" I also need two sets. They will be available, its just finding them thats the problem. Best bet is finding something similar. In reality its only the rivet counters that will know the difference.  Regards, Bruce.       

Offline wfc1

• THANKS 10
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
You're right Diana. They quite often have one in for wrecking but I was looking for new, usually the handle rubbers are long gone on wrecks, either perished or left off after the first foray into the workings of the door and the repairer can't be bothered to put it back on.  Bruce.

Offline Kaneya

• THANKS 15
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
This is great info. I will try to get onto them when I get back from Canberra. Off to the memorial tomorrow. Anyone need reference pics of anything.m

Love this place. Not sure the 9 and 5 year old will have the same enthusiasm.
Cheers
Brad

Offline wfc1

• THANKS 10
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »
Hi Brad. I've come up with a few more numbers just to confuse you. Escutcheon - 162539R91 and 884138R1. These nos. are out of a civilian truck book and I think Diana is partly right when she says the parts are interchangeable with the normal control trucks as this book shows the bigger handles. Ron's numbers are no doubt right as well. I think you will find there is a bit of variation between the models. The MK1 that I have has small handles and steel escutcheons with springs in them as the 50's models have, AR,AS,AL etc. they must have changed to rubber or plastic with the MK3. Ron, if you read this did your nos. come from an army parts book or civilian model? Just curious.  Regards, Bruce.

Offline Wilesman

• THANKS 0
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
Hi Bruce,
My numbers are from an Army RPS Aust No 1 MK4 - Issue 1 Jun 83
Cheers Ron

Offline wfc1

• THANKS 10
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
Obviously not as clever as I thought I was. The civilian and army models definitely don't have these bits in common by the look of it.   Bruce.

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »

The Part No i have is from RPS July 1968 and gives it as Escutcheon door handle x 4 IHC-994138R1 NSM (Nato No)5340-66-023-1904  :)  you may be able to source them by using those No's
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:45:50 PM by Uncle Ho »

Offline Kaneya

• THANKS 15
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
Just acquired a fuel pump kit from Auto Surplus at 35 Rook Street, Mitcham. 0398733966. They have another kit in stock. FYI

Cheers
Brad