Author Topic: aussie army generator. wisconsin bknda ronaldson bros and tippett 1960's  (Read 4978 times)

Offline derek76

• THANKS 0
Hi
I am getting to the end of a restoration of an army generator, mechanically it will be fine once I get a few more bits from the states.  I noticed another fellow mike on this forum has one and he had been given some manuals.

I have a few questions for anyone who wanta to weigh in.
Who and where would of this generator been used for.  I am wanting to finish it off with unit stenciling and flag markings etc.
Does anyone have any real time uaing one of these so I have a story to go along with it.  At the moment it is a beautiful army generator with no background story.  I would like to fully finish my restoration project.

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
Bump

does any one have a manual for this model or the smaller 24 volt 500 watt battery charging set :D
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
hi they were used out in the field just to run lights. if you try and run a kettle it will no rum anything else. were used by all units. they could have fitted into the m113s ACV as well. does it have its little tool box? now they have one that is the same size but is diesel 

Offline John H

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 23
  • REMLR No: 393
It is a 2.5kva gen set.It has a 10amp(ac)output.I repaired many of these whilst in.Most WKSP vehicles had 1 to run power tools etc.Signals units used them for smaller current draw equipment or small detatchments.Engineer units had them cos they could.They are a 2 person lift(haha) compared to the 10 and 15kva gensets which were a 4 person lift.Designed to run for 8hrs on a tank,be air portable(parachute drops).Basically any unit that had requirement for portable 240volt power had,or had access to,them.Unfortunately I threw out all my notes/wiring diagrams for all the equipment and vehicles I worked on(my trade was an Electrical Fitter/Refrigeration Mechanic) a few years ago,thinking they wont be needed.Cheers Hallsy.
178058 Auto repair rover.178025 Wksp trailer.50076 Perentie GS.101755 Wksp trailer.

Offline John H

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 23
hi they were used out in the field just to run lights. if you try and run a kettle it will no rum anything else. were used by all units. they could have fitted into the m113s ACV as well. does it have its little tool box? now they have one that is the same size but is diesel
The M113 ACV had its own seperate[24volt DC generator which was primarily used as a battery charger for the radio batteries.These were a pain to work on as parts were virtually impossible to get.The 500w 32volt genset was used for this purpose as the pile of unrepairable American units grew.
178058 Auto repair rover.178025 Wksp trailer.50076 Perentie GS.101755 Wksp trailer.

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
We had the 24 v 500 watt version on our ACV,s at 2nd Cav I have 1 now for charging the ferret batteries but it nees a tune up :D
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline John H

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 23
I am a bit too far away to service it for you but if you let me know its issues I may be able to talk you through them.Cheers Hallsy.