Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for a Perentie  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Trraca

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 11
    • Trraca's Shed
  • REMLR No: 411
Wiring Diagram for a Perentie
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
Hi All

I have a major problem sorting out a mess of wires in the front harness leading into the firewall, which have not been wrapped in any way, and there are also a number of warning lights which don't work. I would hate to try fording a creek with the wiring the way it is!

I have seen a wiring diagram on the second to last page (p118) of "EMEI Vehicle G 103 Unit Repair.pdf" dated Oct 1987. My Perentie GS is dated Feb 1988 so should be very similar. Unfortunately, this is just a scanned A4 page and the wiring colour codes are not legible. I have another wiring diagram from the "110 Owners Manual Aust Supplement.pdf" which is much more user friendly but does not completely match the Perentie and some of the colour codes seem to be different. I'm really tearing my hair out trying to make sense of the muddle.

Does anybody have, or know of, a more detailed version of the plan in the "EMEI Unit Repair pdf"? I would be very happy to mosaic together a multipage version and create a single large image if necessary.

Any information would be much appreciated.

cheers

Mike
Cheers,  Mike

Perentie GS,1988 * 48-206 *
Work vehicles (Gone long ago):a Series 1, several Series IIAs, a 101FC GS and a Haflinger

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
Re: Wiring Diagram for a Perentie
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »
Dont we have such a thing in the tech page?

If not might be a good idea to list one...
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images 2008-2017 J Burton

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
remlr.com > the Library > EMEI > Electrical and mechanical engineering instructions > Land Rover 110 Perentie > then choose your EMEI ;)

There is a wiring diagrams page under EMEI, but I have not put a 110 one there yet as I have to extract it from the other document.

actually saying that though, the colours on that page are, well terrrible, i'll see if I can find a better copy somewhere.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098

Offline Trraca

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 11
    • Trraca's Shed
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:54:02 PM »
remlr.com > the Library > EMEI > Electrical and mechanical engineering instructions > Land Rover 110 Perentie > then choose your EMEI ;)

There is a wiring diagrams page under EMEI, but I have not put a 110 one there yet as I have to extract it from the other document.

actually saying that though, the colours on that page are, well terrrible, i'll see if I can find a better copy somewhere.

Thanks Phoenix

Thats where I downloaded the EMEI i referred to. The Manual itself is excellent and I have been reading it in instalments just to get an overall feel for the vehicle. Its just that the resolution is too coarse to enlarge to a readable size ad the text of the wiring colour codes is too blurred. The general layout of the diagram is very good. Obviously with the number of Perenties being sold there is going to be a growing interest in a readable copy.

cheers and thanks again

Mike
Cheers,  Mike

Work vehicles (Gone long ago):a Series 1, several Series IIAs, a 101FC GS and a Haflinger

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 02:27:22 PM »
Try the ones on the wiring diagrams page now http://remlr.com/wiring.html
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098

Offline Trraca

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 11
    • Trraca's Shed
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »
Try the ones on the wiring diagrams page now http://remlr.com/wiring.html

Hi Phoenix

Thanks very much for producing the new diagrams so quickly. They are exactly what I was looking for and will help immensely. I am very appreciative of your efforts.

The more I look at the vehicle and the Army documentation the more impressed I am. Apart from the actual bodywork and canopy, the rest of the vehicle seems to have been recently replaced, or at least rebuilt, from the chassis up. I have made up a list of the replaced or renewed parts in what appears to be the past 4500kms which have a retail value of more than $25000, plus about 320 hours of work so you could say the auction price was a bargain! The front wiring is the only issue and that should now be relatively easily fixed  thanks to your diagrams. The key electrical operations all work its just a problem of wrapping and warning lights. 

Even to a mechanical  novice like me the workshop manuals, such as those in your library, are very clear and easy to follow and ably supported by the collective expertise within your forums. So I look forward to years of happy outback motoring.  I don't intend to change the standard configuration - no PAS or turbo etc. - except possibly some inconspicuous waterproofing and noise suppression.

Thanks again

Mike

Cheers,  Mike