Author Topic: What I did today in my Perentie  (Read 245781 times)

Offline tona

• THANKS 10
  • REMLR No: 463
Re: What I did today in my Perentie
« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:36 PM »
GEOFF O35, I agree with that as well , but then again who would put an electrical component under the floor where it gets mud /water and all the other crap on it , why not put it inside somewhere, we won't mention anything electrical will we ,CHEERS TONA.

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #811 on: September 02, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »
Maybe I should get that Mog. Just thought I might kick this thread along again.
Cheers, Rob

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 63
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »
Hi Rob - is it really that thirsty!     Frank 

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2020, 06:37:40 PM »
Frank,  well it can be.....Although I try to have a light right foot.
Cheers, Rob

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 63
« Reply #814 on: September 04, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
Thanks Rob - Sorry,   I was being cheeky - I still reckon the big tank on the rear is a bit big but you will get a lot of diesel in it!    ;)  - coming back on track,  I put ambulance pods on mine and they actually made a difference in fuel economy, especially with the large wind area of the workshop body.   Cheers mate - Frank

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2020, 12:05:48 AM »
Hi Frank, well you could put 3200ltrs of diesel in that.......definitely not recommend........However a very lot of effluent is its design.......lol.....I really like the ambulance roof pod.  Yours look really great.  I don't spos you have a spare one for sale???
Cheers, Rob

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #816 on: September 06, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
I have been trying to chase one of the ambulance roof pods. Cheers, Rob

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #817 on: September 06, 2020, 09:33:45 AM »
Hi Frank,  just been having another look at your trucks and wondering what winches you are using?  I have been looking at the winches from Scintex which look pretty good.
Cheers, Rob

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 63
« Reply #818 on: September 07, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
Hi Rob - Thanks for the comments - If I had another ambulance pod you could have it - I intended buying another but they never came up.  There must be a few still out there.  I bought 14,500lb Giantz  winches for the 6x6s and simply un bolted the front centre bumper plate and had an identical 6mm thick steel plate folded to suit the exact dimensions with a lower fold to accoimpany the clearance height of the winch and the bull bar.  So far have only had to use one once in anger but on single line full it worked beautifully, got two mates out of a very sticky problem far better that I expected.  I went for a high rated winch, read lots of product reviews and I am happy with the outcome.    Cheers  Frank.

Offline Rob6x6

• THANKS 8
« Reply #819 on: September 11, 2020, 10:40:59 PM »
Thanks Frank, its really nice work you have done on those trucks. Great info I will keep chipping away on my ever increasing list of things I want to do.
Cheers, Rob

Offline Acorn

• THANKS 3
  • Perentie GS w/Winch 50-034
« Reply #820 on: April 30, 2021, 05:02:49 PM »
Well, my door top studs/bolts were looking pretty rusty and manky so I decided to do something about it.

The two bolts on my RH door were the worst and had different sized nuts to the LH side.

A quick look up on the net found me the Land Rover reference number for the bolts/ studs: VYR500010.  I contacted the Parts team at my local Land Rover dealer and ordered 4 at $17.95 each plus GST.

The door top seal was really manky too so I ordered two of them at $13.49 each plus GST.  Reference number for the rubber door seal is RRC7575. 

The local parts guy named “Cheesy” couldn’t have been more helpful and had them in the next day.

Pleasingly, these parts were genuine Land Rover parts made in the United Kingdom. 

I sprayed a bit of WD40 on the bolts and allowed it to penetrate.  Using some multi grips, the tight and rusty old bolts slowly backed out.

A clean up of the door tops followed before the new bolts/studs went in with a generous lather of copper grease.

The new seals went on and all is now good!

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #821 on: April 30, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »
 :) snap, doing same job plus the window felts.
I am using waterproof grease (20yo silver stuff from yacht winches - probably old version of copper grease).

When I went to LR Dealer the RRC7575 genuines were 27.00 a pair overnight from LRA in Sydney and 'the system' said LRA had a net of 1 remaining in stock.

I got my bolts/studs from KLR 'on special' at the 2018 Cooma gathering - so this job has been waiting a while. As for window felts... I have been using rubber door stops since 2015 when I got the FFR from Minto.

Also today I sold a Number 5 trailer. Late February I decided to make room and sold a No 5 I traded from a Corowa meeting. Took a while as the buyer was  24hrs later caught in one the many manic melbourne lockdowns. Now another today to my son Stevie - he wants to make a 'ready to roll' after-work camper trailer. This one has the tailgate fitted -it was at the RnR Event in Spt 2001 when Sid attended in his Perentie. In 2001, a private Perentie was very rare. The vid is on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rapD7DqyOKI