Author Topic: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news  (Read 37022 times)

AGAS 5

Re: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »
This topic is locked pending review.

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
I am unlocking this to make a response, and then re locking it, and for a specific reason.

Rob, you stated that the constitution does not state that a nomination needs to be seconded.  That is not actually correct.

It states that a nomination must be signed by 2 members, effectively a nominator, and a seconder.  On the form those 2 signatories are indeed noted as proposer and seconder if it is the wording that concerns you.

As to removal of committee members, we are not stating that we are removing them, we are stating that their nominations were invalid, although one of those is under review already in light of recent information (see below).  There is a significant difference.  Also, it was not set in stone at the AGM, it was carried over for the committee to examine in more detail after the AGM.

One aspect that is making me very upset here is time frames.  I am able to respond often reasonably quickly to these accusations ad demands because I am partly a stay at home dad, and an un necessarily stressed one at that because of all of this, all of me trying to do the right thing.  Right now I should be playing with my daughter, but instead I am responding to the dozens of emails and messages I am receiving.

Any appeal or complaint must be sent to the committee in writing, and this forum is not an official form of communications with the committee.

The committee member nominees whose nominations were determined to be invalid were not refused any right of reply, They were informed of the decision on the phone by the club secretary. This was a decision not taken lightly.

I am also not the only person on the committee, and as such, these matters need to be discussed within the committee.  Not all members are always contactable 24 hours a day, and even fewer wish to be at the beck and call of REMLR every day and night.  The committee will look at these concerns in due course and respond as the committee, regardless of any vacancies, as allowed in the constitution.  However as far as I am aware, and I would have to check with the secretary, no formal complaints about the agm, or recent announcement have been made.  Some new information is also at hand, however some questions have also been raised.

I beg for your patience in giving the committee time to breathe.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:15:31 PM by Phoenix »
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
Two announcements from the committee now that they have had a chance to correspond.

Kevin Hicks has been reinstated on to the committee as it turns out that his nomination was indeed seconded.  The committee apologies for the drama surrounding this matter.

THe second announcement is that of the Public officer.  The committee has appointed Diana Alan to fill the position and welcome a new face to the committee.

Richard Green
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Outlaw

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 5
  • Where to now?
    • Gold Coast Land Rover Owners Inc.
  • REMLR No: 176
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Congrats to the two new faces on the REMLR Committee... Well done Kev & Diana :-)

How's that LIKE button going Richard? :p
Rachael2  '89 Perentie FFR & a No.5
'63 2a Ambulance 112-221, '76 S3 GS - RAAF Tactical 200184 & 200168 - '70 S2a GS

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
  • REMLR No: 270
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »
Congrats Diana, see you Thursday ;)

Welcome back Kevin  :)
78 101 FC 'herc' 30-260; 60  W/shop 'dio' 111-378;

Offline d@rk51d3

• THANKS 1
  • Terminal Green Disease.
  • REMLR No: 264
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
Great news. 8)

Congrats to those appointed.............. now get to work!!!!  ;D :P
-Reece.

112-752  -  1963 s2A 88" GS

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
  G'day Folks :)

Thank you I will try to be a good commitee member   ;D  and thank you Carolyn  :D

Uncle Ho

Offline hodgo

• THANKS 9
  • SKYPE CONTACT Cliff Hodgson
  • REMLR No: 267
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 06:03:20 PM »
I know you can handle it Kevin ( REMLR No2) and you deserve it. and I am glad that this issue is all resolved in you favour.

Hodgo

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »

G'day Hodgo  :)

Sorry, but I am REMLR number 3  :D  Michael Leys is No2  :)

Kevin

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
  • REMLR No: 270
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
Oh where is that thanks button :D

And I am sure shonky will  deliver 'Ambrose' over shortly

Mrs hh :)

Hi Everyone

Thanks Committee for dealing with he issue promptly, I will talk to you all ASAP, however I now believe that I have the responsibility of informing the OFT of Andrew's resignation and my appointment as a atter of urgency.  The 28 day limit from Andrew's notification must be close.

To the other members, thank you all for your trust. 

When do I take custodianship of the Public officer's official vehicle "Ambrose"?  (I always wondered what a blood bath Committee meetings must be if a blood box is necessary for the PO.)  ;)

Diana

78 101 FC 'herc' 30-260; 60  W/shop 'dio' 111-378;

Offline hodgo

• THANKS 9
  • SKYPE CONTACT Cliff Hodgson
  • REMLR No: 267
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
I know you can handle it Kevin ( REMLR No2) and you deserve it. and I am glad that this issue is all resolved in you favour.

Hodgo

Sorry Kevin just testing your ability to read, I knew you were No 3

Offline RobHay

• THANKS 3
  • REMLR No: 298
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »
Conratulations Kevin on your appointment to the committee of the Registry of Ex-Military Land Rovers inc. and thank you to the Office Holders of REMLR for a speedy resolution to part of the problem I originally raised.

However there still remains the re-instatement of Josh Murray to the committee to be dealt with.

My understanding of events, and if we had access to REMLR Private on the old system I might be able to more ablely demonstrate my point, is that the Annual General Meeting was offically over and there remained the two unfilled ordinary committee positions. Which the memorandums and articles of association as well as the model rules nominates as CASUAL VACANCIES.

There was no need for persons to be nominated nor seconded for these positions.

The Committee has the power to approach a responsible person and request that they fill the position, and given their consent to serve, then their appointment, as opposed to election, would be valid and binding until the expiration of the next Annual General Meeting.

It makes no difference as to how or who proposed or suggested the names of the persons to fill these positions to the committee. The fact are that two names, of current financial members, were put forward to, and accepted by, the Committee and publicated to the other members, therefore the two appointments were legally binding in accordance with sect.18 (1) which I will at the risk of boring you all to death re-publish here: -

18.Casual vacancies
(1)   In the event of a casual vacancy occurring in the membership of the committee, the committee may appoint a member of the association to fill the vacancy and the member so appointed is to hold office, subject to this constitution, until the conclusion of the annual general meeting next following the date of the appointment.

I submit that the appointment of Josh Murray did occur in accordance with  sect.18 (1) and therefore is binding until the conditions as contained in sect 19 (1)(2) are fulfilled. ( sect. 19 deals with the removal of committee members and has been published on this forum previously)

It has been stated that previous submissions were somehow invalidated because they were not directed in writing to the appropriate Office Holder.

REMLR is a fantastic  and unique organisation with members scattered all over this great nation of ours, and overseas. Our Office Holders likewise are resident in various states widely separated not only by distance but in a few cases by oceans. This forum is recognised as being the forum by which all REMLR members communicate and I submit is very much an appropriate communication tool for us to deal with problems that arise.

I, therefore, would request that The Committee of REMLR give due consideration to this, my submission for the re-instatement of Ordinary Committee Member Josh Murray.

I strongly urge this course of action in the interests of presenting a strong and united front which can only benefit and promote the interests of REMLR and the membership.

Thank You in anticipation. 

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:08:36 PM by RobHay »
RobHay
1964 Series IIA 109 Military Fire Tender. ARN 108-639;
1968 Series IIA 109 GS. ARN 174-217. and a Sankey Trailer.
In this job you have to be able to either run very fast or fight very well.......I am too fat to run

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
And the final piece of committee news for a while is that the Committee has appointed the final Committee member who will also be acting as membership officer.  Welcome Scott Norman to the REMLR Inc Committee.  I will be giving you details on the email address and so on in the next 24 hours or so. This gives REMLR inc the broadest possible spread across states that we could have hoped for.  In recap the committee stands as:

Pesident
[Tas]Richard Green

Vice President
[NSW]Justin Pollard

Secretary
[SA]Wayne Ellard

Treasurer
[Qld]Carolyn DeBuck

Public Officer
[NSW]Diana Alan

Committee Member
[WA]Jack McRoberts
[Qld]Kevin Hicks
[Vic]Scott Norman (Membership Officer)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:31:52 AM by Phoenix »
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:42 AM »
Rob, in response to your post.

You are quite correct, the position was a casual vacancy and the committee has the power to appoint whoever they see as suitable, given that person's consent.  The Committe has no responsibility, nor legal binding of any sort, to accept any given person over the other.  However the committee has tocome to an agreement on it.  At the AGM the selection of committee members was handed over to the committee as there was some question about the membership financial status of the nominees.  This was found to not be an issue.

The committee is not bound to make the decision at the agm, and as I said, that decision was deferred.

Josh was nominated, but to his own admission, was never seconded, therefore can not be elected to the position.  Therefore there was a casual vacancy that the committee can then deal with.  Nominations and seconding do have to occur in a written format.  If there was a seconding of Josh's nomination, it was not made in writing to anybody on the committee, or on the forum thread for that.

Nominations for election at the AGM do not automatically carry through for a person to be considered for a casual vacancy. They are two seperate matters.  Naturally this person can be approached for the position, but the committee felt that it would like to spread to a victorian member if possoble, rather than a third queensland member.  A number of people from a range of stated volunteered to be the final committee member and membership officer.

That said, the committee can see, as can I and everybody else, your request, and it will be discussed as with any reasonable request, however the matter has been discussed and considered at some length already in this process.
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Outlaw

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 5
  • Where to now?
    • Gold Coast Land Rover Owners Inc.
  • REMLR No: 176
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
Cheers for the update Richard. As you've said I was not seconded in time and was actually nominated purely due to the fact no one was able to confirm that Kevin was financial after it had been questioned. This nomination did however come after the close of date. I reminded Richard and Wayne of this fact when all the hoohar (not ho har) erupted and as always Kev was my nominated party and personally am very happy with the current committee outline Richard has just posted.

Well done to all... Onwards and upwards :-)
Rachael2  '89 Perentie FFR & a No.5
'63 2a Ambulance 112-221, '76 S3 GS - RAAF Tactical 200184 & 200168 - '70 S2a GS