Author Topic: Perentie Long Range Camping Vehicle - LRCV  (Read 102645 times)

Offline Aussie Jeepster

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 91
  • REMLR No: 012
Re: Perentie Long Range Camping Vehicle - LRCV
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 11:34:46 AM »
AWOL canopy back where it belongs - on a Perentie.
Be aware there is a right way and wrong way to mount this!!! You can have the AUSCAM facing up or down!!! Ask me how I know!!! ::)
No 5 Trailer ARN 177-295
SOLD Engineers Trailer - no id
SOLD RAAF 231194 Perentie 110 GS - SIR ANGUS

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »
Good result all round with these awnings. Definitely the same quality as the canopies. Already there are people want one made by whoever made them.

Sir Angus' canopy lines are a bit saggy. A member here is working on a mod to neaten up the roof lines and add heat insulation. His Perentie is the one with the winch in the video from May 1st https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97_ccXKLLXA

ps, I like your OD ex-mil roof tiles as well. Auction? :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:57:25 PM by Carzee »

Offline kman

• THANKS 31
  • REMLR No: 278
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 12:52:47 PM »
Mine came yesterday and I must say I feel guilty about the low price I paid for a quality product - under $100 when I take off postage! I am working hard to overcome my guilt :)

I have attached mine to the canopy support rail inside the near side of the canopy on my S2A. When I want to use it I roll up the canopy on that side and then extend the awning.

Howard
Ferret Mk 1/2
MUTT M151A2
No 5 Trailer, RAAF Tactical Trailer

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »
I should be talking about tyre irons, something I need, but I'm thinking

... Coffee. Its definitely a first world problem, "glamping", I know, I know, but...

I have a percolator at home, and a italian expresso gadget (a gift)and both are unused.

I have a capsule cuppacino machine that gets used a lot. I can't see me camped beside the murray somewhere with a generator.

Suggestions?

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 59
  • REMLR No: 403
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2016, 02:36:54 PM »
We use a plunger and a Trangia w. kettle; it's a brilliant set up. The plunger is a bit fragile, but it hasn't been an issue yet.

Speaking of which, it's about coffee time!

Offline ashleylipus

• THANKS 11
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2016, 04:55:46 PM »
Any more of these awol awnings available??

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 05:42:37 PM »
Well thats the question alright. So far all the people who see them want one....

This morning I sent a PM to the seller asking if they are sourced from Robco. If it was them, they usually keep templates and patterns for further use. Certainly the other items such as wheel covers and light covers looked like Robco.

We'll see.

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
  • REMLR No: 429
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

... Coffee. Its definitely a first world problem, "glamping", I know, I know, but...

I have a percolator at home, and a italian expresso gadget (a gift)and both are unused.

I have a capsule cuppacino machine that gets used a lot. I can't see me camped beside the murray somewhere with a generator.

Suggestions?

You mean like using an invertor?
1988 Land Rover 110 Perentie Personnel Carryall 48-369
Remlr 429

Offline Aussie Jeepster

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 91
  • REMLR No: 012
No 5 Trailer ARN 177-295
SOLD Engineers Trailer - no id
SOLD RAAF 231194 Perentie 110 GS - SIR ANGUS

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2016, 07:39:00 PM »

Suggestions?

No I mean a dripper filter thingy using billy water. I would guess a coffee/cuppacino machine would pull at least 1500w.

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
  • REMLR No: 429
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:04 PM »

Suggestions?

No I mean a dripper filter thingy using billy water. I would guess a coffee/cuppacino machine would pull at least 1500w.

All that 1500w will be boiling water, I wonder if you could pre-boil it with gas...
1988 Land Rover 110 Perentie Personnel Carryall 48-369
Remlr 429

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »
Yeah a backpacker gas cannister is good - smallish gear, and cheap. I use a Kovea Spider burner for making a cuppa at the moment. Fits in a Nutella plastic jar.  ::)

We went out before first light this morning, any coffee is good when you're out early.

I just put up a 90sec video of it. Getting in some practice for the big trip... I took one good pic at least.

https://youtu.be/DGyD1F8QZX8

at the 1min 18sec mark you can see yet another use of a sugar scoop - holds up a camera on a mono-stick!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:28:32 PM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2016, 08:48:53 PM »
 :) Footwell Vents. Army Air Con. Lets take a look.

We purchased a pair of RFSV vents and then compared them to Aussie suppliers online and came up with the correct part, still available over the counter, and on feebay.

They are sold for horse trailers by Dunn & Watson at https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/

Incidentally they also make those budget locks we have on the outside locker lids-the ones that need the HYG3022 key to turn 90degrees. https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/shop/locks-handles-direct/budget-lock/

The RFSV (Regional Force Surveillance Vent) fitment included a bit of extra steel to enable the boots to open the vent and also an interior trim piece. If you want the extra "boot-bit" you would have to make one up yourself, as seen in the pic.

Then there's the jigsaw work to make the hole, fishoil the gap, cold gal or killrust the bare metal edges, then there's a interior trim piece to make up for the inside finish. Some rivets and some Sikaflex sealant and ... perhaps thats the whole job.

Sounds easy. I bet it isn't. We'll see when I get around to it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:51:27 PM by Carzee »

Offline mac101

• THANKS 13
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
Here you go Ross.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Handpresso-Auto-Premium-Set-12-Volt-Espresso-Machine-Black-Best-Gift-Genuine-New-/281712180761?hash=item41975abe19:g:oUIAAOSwe-FU~~u4

I like these french presses.  I found the were well made so you don't get grounds in your coffee.  They come in three sizes, I use the small one for car camping but it's a bit heavy to backpack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frieling-French-Press-0103-6-5-6-Cups-Coffee-Maker-Silver-/142010441900

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 59
  • REMLR No: 403
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2016, 01:25:46 PM »
Then there's the jigsaw work to make the hole, fishoil the gap, cold gal or killrust the bare metal edges, then there's a interior trim piece to make up for the inside finish. Some rivets and some Sikaflex sealant and ... perhaps thats the whole job.

Sounds easy. I bet it isn't. We'll see when I get around to it.

What strikes me is how much more difficult these vents must make getting the front wing panels off.