Author Topic: Defence Vehicle Disposals - 2013 onwards  (Read 859161 times)

Offline GGG

• THANKS 33
  • REMLR No: 428
Re: Defence Vehicle Disposals - 2013 onwards
« Reply #2145 on: November 14, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »
In the course of pursuing one of my other hobbies I drove past the Army Reserve depot at Sutherland today and there were no Land Rovers visible just two G wagons. Would I be correct in assuming that as the reserve are now getting Mercedes then there are not many Perenties left in service?
Geoff O.

Offline Dragon Wagon

• THANKS 4
« Reply #2146 on: November 15, 2021, 07:59:31 PM »
That is my view too Geoff, based on what I can piece together and also by doing the maths on numbers delivered and disposed of over the last seven years or there abouts. I’d say the same applies to Mogs and Macks too, doing the same maths and this must be another reason for the higher prices being bid. Please, if you consider I am wrong, then outline your alternate hypothesis.

Offline GGG

• THANKS 33
« Reply #2147 on: November 16, 2021, 11:39:47 AM »
The depot at Sutherland actually is looking a bit unloved but that may be because there now appears to be only one unit there. I think that it is support company 4/17 RNSWR but don't quote me I am no expert on the reserve. There was an artillery unit there for some years but no more. Would I be correct in assuming that there is little or no reserve artillery now with the demise of the 105s? it was also used by cadets but I haven't seen that for a while. Most of their vehicles are probably under cover in the buildings which were provided for the gunners.
With increased security measures in recent years it is now more difficult to see what they are up to from outside the fence. I think that I can understand that.
Geoff O.

Offline AGAS 5

• THANKS 260
  • REMLR No: 218
« Reply #2148 on: November 27, 2021, 08:55:16 AM »
Where GRes artillery units still exist, they are just 81mm mortar ‘batteries’.

btw… there is a 2/17 RNSWR and 4/3 RNSWR, but not a 4/17  😊

Cheers.

The depot at Sutherland actually is looking a bit unloved but that may be because there now appears to be only one unit there. I think that it is support company 4/17 RNSWR but don't quote me I am no expert on the reserve. There was an artillery unit there for some years but no more. Would I be correct in assuming that there is little or no reserve artillery now with the demise of the 105s? it was also used by cadets but I haven't seen that for a while. Most of their vehicles are probably under cover in the buildings which were provided for the gunners.
With increased security measures in recent years it is now more difficult to see what they are up to from outside the fence. I think that I can understand that.
Geoff O.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:57:14 AM by AGAS 5 »
Series 2A SWB 113-300 VTF  6 RAR
Perentie FFR 49-390  1 MP BN
Perentie GS 50-087  5 RAR

Offline GGG

• THANKS 33
« Reply #2149 on: November 27, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »
I stand corrected. Having never been in the reserve I know nothing about it other than observations going past. I am always otherwise occupied so I must stop there one day and read the sign. Units seem to come and go over the years. There is an Infantry unit, Army cadets and Air Force cadets use the site.
Geoff O.

Offline glbest

• THANKS 19
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »
in feb 2021 i was working at enog barracks and they still had macks and several unimogs unit unknown

some of the g wagons are coming up for midlife rebuilt

Offline Shuber

• THANKS 0
« Reply #2151 on: November 02, 2023, 10:19:35 PM »
Yeah, I saw that news. Initially, they might be expensive, but down the road, we could find some good deals on those military vehicles.