Author Topic: map light and dash light fuse access?  (Read 10256 times)

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
Re: map light and dash light fuse access?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Does anyone know if the 110 map light bulb and the switch itself at the end of the stalk is fixeable/replaceable ?

There doesn't seem to be any screws holding the end housing together - does it just pull apart ??
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline lmurko

• THANKS 2
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread but using banana clips could i use the power outlet for a ciggarette lighter type deal?

Can this be done - itd be good to be able too hook up phone charger etc?

BTW - what is a "trouble light"?

Thanks again everyone,  I really appreciate the help.

Dunny
The trouble light referred to is a small walk around light that connects to the power jacks using the L/Rover two pin plug.
For charging phones you'd be better off laying in a cigarette lighter plug separately maybe even off the same live wire.
That way you've still got the original plugs as well.

got lighter socket to install hopefully when im free on friday. think ill just use banana plugs, but to keep the original socket you can get a plug, lucas part no.CAB185 (found here: http://www.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/Electrical_Miscellany-p2.html) 6th item down)
l/r part no. 560617 (found here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-2-Door-Classic-Inspection-Lamp-Two-Pin-Plug-Genuine-NOS-560617-/161284664705?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258d50ad81)

cheers,
lachlan

Offline Sixty

• THANKS 77
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Does anyone know if the 110 map light bulb and the switch itself at the end of the stalk is fixeable/replaceable ?

There doesn't seem to be any screws holding the end housing together - does it just pull apart ??

Looking at the lens, insert a small flat tip screwdriver into the notch and lever gently out. Then you'll notice the reflector sitting over plastic clips. The reflector is malleable, gently bend it inwards away from the clips. Light halves and switch will fall into three pieces.
For the reverse....tongue out the left side of your mouth, three small hands, and good luck. Fiddly bloody things....remember to place the halves on the correct side of the stalk to allow it to swivel.  8)
RoyalAustralianEasyMoneyEarner!

Al

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
Thanks Sixty, advice appreciated
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Sixty

• THANKS 77
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
no worries   8)
RoyalAustralianEasyMoneyEarner!

Al

Offline 48354

• THANKS 2
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »
I got in and changed the fuse on the weekend and was glad I bought a pack of 5! I blew three trying to test it by rotating the dimmer switch. The voltage on the dash oscillated wildly before the fuse blew.

I'm obviously an amateur at all this and am wondering whether this is a general wiring issue or the switch itself being faulty?

I also determined that the map light is linked to the horn, aux light and full beam fuse which is ok. I disassembled and the globe is also fine. It worked when I first got is but never regularly...im thinking this too may be a wiring issue.

Any thoughts appreciated as I'd like to be able to cross a few options before I give up and get an auto electriction to bend me over to resolve. As neither function is critical to me I'm not in a rush either!

Dunny
1988 Perentie 110 Carryall Personnel Carrier
No5 trailer
REMLR 382

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:37 PM »
Worth checking the earths as a bad or loose earth causes a lot of problems. 

I am trying to find some pererntie wiring diagrams at the moment.  The Bushranger build vehicles had only one wiring configuration, but perentie build vehicles apparently had 4 different wiring configurations including blade or glass fuses!
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline 48354

• THANKS 2
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »
Ok great.  Yes,  the fuses for my  dimmer and aux power outlets in the dash box are blade fuses where the fuses in the standard fuse box (for all other functions) are glass.
1988 Perentie 110 Carryall Personnel Carrier
No5 trailer
REMLR 382

Offline Rangy35

• THANKS 35
  • REMLR No: Don't know what this is.
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
I am toying with the idea of swapping the glass fuse box for a blade fuse box......the main fuse box, as I have fitted a auxiliary fuse box for accessories only, except I have no need for the weird power outlet that is in the cover over the blackout light unit, I used that power and earth for a duel USB charger out let.