Author Topic: Team Perentie canopy  (Read 122 times)

Offline TimK

• THANKS 0
Team Perentie canopy
« on: April 20, 2024, 06:30:42 PM »
Hi Everyone
Has anyone fitted a 'Team Perentie' canopy? If so I'd be interested to know what you think of them. They're about half the price of the Robco ones, but what is the quality like? There doesn't seem to be much information online about them.
Cheers
Tim

Offline craigb

• THANKS 25
Re: Team Perentie canopy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 01:05:09 AM »
I had an olive drab one on my FFR - I asked for a GS canopy, but with an extra section for the FFR "scalloped" tailgate so I could have some side and rear windows. Mine was this one - https://www.teamperentie.com/canopies/perentie-gs-canvas-1-s2s9n

Mine was made by Robco and the build quality was comparable to my NOS canopy for my RFSV. They must have cut corners somewhere, but I have no idea where. The fit was perfect and the finish and construction seemed flawless to me.

I have since sold mine and put the Defender hard top panel back on, but the only issues I have heard with the Team Perentie canopies is that some folks have experienced mould. This can be avoided by reproofing the canvas soon after installing it.

I reckon they are a great deal.

Offline TimK

• THANKS 0
Re: Team Perentie canopy
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 08:17:48 AM »
Thanks for the info Craig - in the meantime my wife has ordered me a Kings Canvas one for my birthday - she's gold!