Author Topic: chrysler small engine.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline john.k

• THANKS 29
chrysler small engine.
« on: August 04, 2018, 11:25:05 PM »
Is anyone familiar with a small 4cyl horizontally opposed OHV engine made by Chrysler,of about 600cc/37 cu in,and made to lawnmower standards...ie...alloy conrods without shell bearings,very small valves and weak springs, etc.?...I saw quite a few of them come thru the sales ,some even new/unused,but most partially or fully in pieces.....and wondered what they came from.....probably a genset....Anyway,came across a few bits looking for something else,and it jogged my memory.

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
Re: chrysler small engine.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
What engines are used in the drones/UAVs?

There are some very neat small/light engines available in the US ex- UAV/target drone engines that often appear for sale, but of course can't be shipped overseas.

Offline john.k

• THANKS 29
Re: chrysler small engine.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
Nope,just a low powered throw away industrial engine.....doubt it was 20 hp...........but it may have been an aircraft part in the nature of a fuel transfer pump,or somethging like that to be used at a remote airport....or a generator like the old WW2 Triumph unit that every bike collector asks about now............when I saw dozens scrapped in the 60s when you couldnt give away any 500 triumph. motor....