Author Topic: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news  (Read 37331 times)

Offline fc101

• THANKS 55
  • REMLR No: 243
Re: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
Does it matter - get over it and move on.

Why shouldn't REMLR have its own forum - AULRO's generosity has been great but there is nothing like your own space.

Cheers

Garry

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
Not in the greater scheme of things Garry but then it doesn't matter if REMLR folds up in the greater scheme of things either but people just like to know these things.

Anyway, I'm a woman, I can't hear rumours and secrets and not want to know. It's the female default setting ;D

And for the record i think a separate forum for REMLR is a great idea. I suggested it to Richard 2 yrs ago myself  ;)

Offline armyjeep52

• THANKS 8
  • REMLR No: 071
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
Good day Phoenix
Thanks for all you are doing. I can't see that you would do anything to hurt REMLR after the huge amount of work you put into it. I like the look of the new forum.
After reading lots of stuff about the change and I can't make a lot of sense of it,nor am I going to try to make sense of it,   all I want is for REMLR to go on with the enormous amounts of information helping with restorations as in the past.
I have met a lot of nice people over the years because of REMLR both online and in person and I have been able to source parts such as my teaspoon tipper bodies from WA, which would have been impossible without REMLR.

Cheers Ken
AB160 ARN 108-747, AB160 ARN 116-414 Veteran of Confrontation Borneo 1962-1966, AB160 ARN 116-678
FORD D400 175-990
S2A AMB 112-226  S2A WRECKER 176-311     
S3 FFR EW 33-833 Electronic Warfare shelter fitted in USA.  S3 GS 28-918 Ex 131 Div Loc Battery

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 99
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
Does it matter - get over it and move on.

Why shouldn't REMLR have its own forum - AULRO's generosity has been great but there is nothing like your own space.

Cheers

Garry

There is nothing unreasonable about Vixen's question and I would like to know what exactly happened myself. Richard has invited all of us to ask him any question on this thread, so I suppose his offer is sincere.

I would like to know why; so that together we can help prevent a rather abrupt and unannounced major change to the way REMLR members interact with each other, from happening again. To not explain the change in any meaningful way, has led to the speculation that is starting to surface now.

The trite argument that the "new forum" is not a problem etc. merely ignores the fact that the move has not been explained; and if one more person uses the weasel expression "move on" to try and dismiss legitimate questions, then they are doing REMLR a disservice and treating all members with contempt.

Does it matter? Of course it matters! There has been a change, which might result in years of archival material being lost! Hundreds of hours of work not just by Richard but by Rusty, and Dinty, and Stuee and all of the other contributors, might disappear forever! In any case, the promised return of read-only files will presumably remain at the whim of the host site and is not guaranteed.

Please don't think that I am an avid supporter of AULRO and especially the proprietor; however; I am an avid supporter of REMLR and as such I would like to know what is going on. We have of course been through something similar before, when all of the secret-squirrel stuff was going on when incorporation was being implemented, without a full discussion amongst the membership.

This is not a post about opposing the change at all; it is a request for the truth about what has happened to our association. Neither is it an attempt to have a dig at Richard; the sterling work he has done for REMLR has been superb! However; the membership has the right to know what was said, or done, or not done - if for no other reason than to silence the scuttlebut. Who knows - the truth might be enough to help me abandon AULRO forever!

Cheers Charlie

S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
First some business about which this thread is for.

It is my unfortunate duty to notify everybody to a change o the committee of REMLR Inc.

The committee has had to nullify the election of Kevin Hicks and Josh Murray as committee members because their nominations were never seconded, and by the constitution it is required that the person be nominated and seconded. 

It is not a pleasant thing to have to do, but the committee is determined to run REMLR by the book.

Richard
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
As to the other questions raised, I think I am getting lost in all of the questions now, me and my big mouth  ::)

I had been thinking about the forum move for some time, as Vixen said, it was suggested some time ago.  The forums went down over last weekend for whatever technical issue, and I did not know when it would be back online, so it seemed like a good opportunity to move to our own place. Incisor is happy with the move, and indeed it places less strain on AULRO.

The old forums should be open as a read only, with links to the new forum soon, so all in all, the move should have been completed, and old content available in archive less than 2 weeks from the initial starting point.

I never thought the move would raise this many questions about the wrong things, and I certainly didn't want this much rumor and innuendo surrounding it all.  And to be honest, I've skirted the question a bit to avoid flack going back the other way unduly.

At the end of the day, we were an unpaid guest on AULRO for almost 10 years. And for that I continue to thank incisor. Now we can do it our way, and we are.
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Tommy

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
As to the other questions raised, I think I am getting lost in all of the questions now, me and my big mouth  ::)

I had been thinking about the forum move for some time, as Vixen said, it was suggested some time ago.  The forums went down over last weekend for whatever technical issue, and I did not know when it would be back online, so it seemed like a good opportunity to move to our own place. Incisor is happy with the move, and indeed it places less strain on AULRO.

The old forums should be open as a read only, with links to the new forum soon, so all in all, the move should have been completed, and old content available in archive less than 2 weeks from the initial starting point.

I never thought the move would raise this many questions about the wrong things, and I certainly didn't want this much rumor and innuendo surrounding it all.  And to be honest, I've skirted the question a bit to avoid flack going back the other way unduly.

At the end of the day, we were an unpaid guest on AULRO for almost 10 years. And for that I continue to thank incisor. Now we can do it our way, and we are.

Now that wasn't too hard was it Richard  ;D.

Question without notice if I may....Who is hosting the forum? Who owns the server? Do we need to help out with the financial upkeep?

I would be more than happy to throw some money into the kitty if it meant that the forum is isolated from future financial problems.

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:59:04 PM by Tommy »

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 99
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »
Thank you for your lucid response Richard  :)

Long live REMLR!

I agree with Tommy and will be taking the 4-year-renewal option when it becomes available,

Cheers Charlie
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
So don't hold back then Phoenix...answer the questions properly

I for one do not believe that there were any "technical" problems with REMLR on AULRO and Inc has basically said himself that he took the forum away until certain 'conditions" have been met

So now I ask as others have before...what are the conditions?

Like I said, it's like pulling teeth. Are you really going to make me ask all these questions because like a politician you seem to be skirting around in circles and not giving any answers.

Take each question 1 at a time and you won't get lost  :)

I'm not afraid to ask the questions ....... I can't see why it's so hard to answer them

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
I see REMLR is now available as "read only" in AULRO, so no need to answer my previous questions Richard. "Conditions" have obviously been met and are no longer an issue.

I do have a question though regarding the incorporation (and I apologise if it was covered in REMLR on AULRO but you may recall I did not have full access to that forum). Any of the REMLR Inc committee members should be able to answer this one.

Does REMLR have public liability insurance? I am just wondering if at events such as Corowa, participants can fly the REMLR banner with full cover should anything untoward happen. The REMLR banner was used in the past but before Incorporation it was really just a gathering of like minds. If you have insurance, would being under that "banner" then require ratification by REMLR Inc first? ( this is how clubs work, I'm not sure how Incorporated Associations work)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:26:30 AM by Vixen »

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:08 AM »
I asked at the last agm remlr.inc does not have public liability insurance so cant have offical gatherings/trips that is why we are encouraged to join local clubs. Clubs are incorporated under the same rules but do charge much more for membership to cover things like public liability. As far as I can tell we can still use the banner to identify your self or group as remlr members but we cant run a stall or hold a display in the remlr name.
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

TROAE

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »
I do have a question though regarding the incorporation (and I apologise if it was covered in REMLR on AULRO but you may recall I did not have full access to that forum).

you did have full access to anything REMLR on AULRO that REMLR would allow you to see ...

you in the end said you had finished your restoration and didn't need REMLR any further and i could delete your account...

cant remember whether i bothered.

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Dave, there was one point where I did NOT have access to some of REMLR, and a large period where I was not at all interested to even look.
Yes, I did ask for my account to be deleted in the end.
Yes you DID delete my account.

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
I asked at the last agm remlr.inc does not have public liability insurance so cant have offical gatherings/trips that is why we are encouraged to join local clubs. Clubs are incorporated under the same rules but do charge much more for membership to cover things like public liability. As far as I can tell we can still use the banner to identify your self or group as remlr members but we cant run a stall or hold a display in the remlr name.

I thought that would have to be the case due to the low fees. Just wanted to know.

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
As stated above, the old forum is ow open as read only
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/remlr/

Also, no we do not ave PLI insurance because we do not run or hold events.  As stated, we encourage registrants and members to join local clubs for that.

Hosting is currently paid for my Richard Green Photography, and donated to REMLR.  THe defence transport heritage of tasmania is also in the same situation. 

The domain name, REMLR.com is currently registered to REMRL Inc, actually, scratch that, I need to transfer the ownership of that.  Damn, another job to do!!  Domain name registration is abotu $25 for 2 years if I recall, nto expensive.
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764