Author Topic: Ignition switch/steering lock & seat question  (Read 1292 times)

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
Ignition switch/steering lock & seat question
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
I would imagine that the 110 fleet id not have a Ign/steering lock fitted, but can some-one confirm that for me, I'm looking at replacing it's current ign/switch with a PRC 2734 diesel Ign/switch, which has a bigger key that what I'm currently using, too damn hard with my arthritic fingers LOL.
Also can somebody take an image of their passenger seat as my 110 has a rhs seat fitted to the left side and this makes it very difficult to get access to the battery box, I'm assuming the lhs seat base should lift out/off to allow access to said battery compartment, anyway cheers and thanks in advance dennis

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 59
  • REMLR No: 403
Re: Ignition switch/steering lock & seat question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
There are two common avenues Dennis; the first is to use the standard keyless switch and replace the blank with a key barrel. Unfortunately these barrels come with small keys as you obviously know. The best way around this is to reuse the wing nut portion of the blank with the key barrel (this requires a little bit of machining - or at least it does with the barrels I've used). The second option is to use QRF100880 - the later Defender ignition switch - which includes a steering lock.

I'd be surprised if PRC2734 isn't the ignition switch you already have.

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
Re: Ignition switch/steering lock & seat question
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
Thanks for that info mate cheers dennis