Author Topic: Reproduction Placards Series 3  (Read 2377 times)

Offline mike_k

• THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 20
Reproduction Placards Series 3
« on: February 06, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
G’ Day everyone,

Just a quick post to spread the word that the Series 3 Military placard project is finally complete.

Along the way we found that the different contracts had slightly different placards for the Chassis Data plate, it would be interesting to narrow this change down to a date or ARN sequence.

At this stage, we have a few sets available, all reproduced in photo etched aluminium as per the originals.

Costs have gone up a bit with the printer, a set will be $187.20 including registered post.

I have also remade some for the 2A vehicles, these are now available again if anyone is after any.

Let me know if you are after some!

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: Reproduction Placards Series 3
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »
Mike as with the Inter plackards you have made for me - beautiful work - I'll be in touch -

STDDIVER

Offline mike_k

• THANKS 54
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 12:04:34 PM »
No worries Frank,

Let me know what you are after,

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline Lightweight Fred

• THANKS 0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 09:13:52 AM »
Hello Mike.
I am restoring a civilian 1972 series 3 and would like to treat it to a new tappet clearance label. Are you able to assist?
As an aside I used quite a few ex-military Land Rovers in the UK, straight out of Belfast, on the family demolition business. We would pick up a series 3 109 without a roof (the army kept the kevlar armoured roof for the next Land Rover) and a Sankey trailer for 800 quid.
My main vehicle was a 1974 air portable 'lightweight', which the Australia army didn't purchase. It was a great looking car but to be more basic that a standard Land Rover was an achievement.
I also had a Can-Am Bombardier 250cc motorbike that could carry a 20 litre jerry can in each soft pannier.
The family tradition continues as my brother is now part of small team working on the Wheatcroft collection with responsibility for restoring second world war vehicles. He goes to eastern Europe to collect Tiger tanks from the polish marshes and take them back to the UK for full restoration.

Offline mike_k

• THANKS 54
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 04:43:39 PM »
Absolutely Fred,

I’ll send you a pm here for the tappet cover placard.

Do you have any old photos of your old vehicles?  Sounds like an interesting selection of MOD Rovers there.

Cheers,

Mike.