Author Topic: New Old Member  (Read 1206 times)

Offline ericpicc

• THANKS 0
New Old Member
« on: November 15, 2023, 05:29:02 PM »
Hi everyone,
After a very long hiatus I am back on Remlr.
For those who don't know me I was an early member and had a few Ex Army Landy's, but have reduced this collection down to just one workshop 2A.
And to those who know me a big hello, especially to Uncle Ho, Dinty.
Hope after all this time that everybody has been keeping safe and staying out of trouble and been super busy with their Landrovers.
I don't promise to be on here 24/7 but shall do my best to try to get onto the forum more ofter then I have in the past few years.
It does help when you now have a 15 year old son who is showing some sort of interest in the old 2A.
See how we progress from here.
Have great one.
Eric

Offline Tankradio

• THANKS 5
  • REMLR No: 118
Re: New Old Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 01:49:17 AM »
Hello young Eric and welcome back !

I’m sorry to say that Uncle Ho has passed on...

Dinty is still active and I still have a healthy number of vehicles including a 2A Workshop truck & trailer.

Perenties form a very large part of the ex Military Land Rover scene these days

Cheers

Phill
AKA Tankradio, Army Veteran & retired Detective, owner, 1944 GPW USMC Ambulance project, 1953 Ferret Mk1, 1954 Ferret Mk2, 1963 No1 Mk3 International GS, 1964 2A Land Rover RAEME Workshop, 1971 No1 Mk4 International GS, 1978 S3 Land Rover FFR RAAC, 1978 S3 Land Rover FFR RAE, 1988 Perentie GS Ex SAS

Offline mike_k

• THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 20
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 08:01:40 AM »
Welcome back Eric!

Good to see you back.

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 05:34:20 PM »
Welcome back Eric P, sadly we lost Uncle Ho to that horrid disease Dementia, he passed away about a year ago, I go under the name of Dennis M in here, I've thinned down my fleet, it now consists of a 110FFR, S2A GS (Chloe) S2A GS (Sawmill as it was called) and the S2A Gunbuggy, my S2A LRPV replica is unreg as it hadn't been used in nearly 3 years, I still have the 84 110 County, No 5 trailer, cheers mate