Author Topic: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news  (Read 37486 times)

Offline Ellard

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 74
  • REMLR No: 196
Re: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:38 PM »
Hi there

Well written Phoenix

I personally called both Josh & Kevin explaining the issues and they both agreed with standing down was the best option so it could be done properly - and to get on with what we all do best "Military Land Rover preservation and restorations for our future generations". 

I need to point out this is not a nice job, as I have the upmost respect for them both but they fully understood the reasons behind it.

All the best

Wyane
2 x SI 1958 LWB Fire Engine
1 x SII LWB 1961 Angus Firefly
1 x SIIA LWB 1963 Fire Tender (No 5 fire trailer)
1 x 110 48:005 Forward Command Podt

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Thank you Wayne for you kind words

Good that it is all sorted now

Kevin

gpigeon

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »
Change from "AULRO".........belated observations!
I have just registered on this forum and was only a casual contributor to the ACCO section of the old aulro one but I have to say that despite reading quickly through the news that I am still confused.
Maybe the REMLR was like a "rowdy teenager wanting more space" but there was really a lot of good technical info on the old forum which is now unavailable?????
Maybe because I am not a "diehard purist" like some of you people, all this seems very political to me. Can someone highlight the advantages of "going it alone and breaking free"? There must be something I am missing!
Anyhow lets see how we go and I really hope we eventually get all the techo stuff available once again.
Rgds.
Bill.

Tankradio

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
I have to state for the record that I am a little disapointed by all this political 'Argy-Bargy' I have been reading since finding my way onto the new REMLR forum.

Actually to be honest I'm very disapointed.

Having been with REMLR for something like the past ten or twelve years and actively contributing the both of the previous forums, I admit that I was cool to the movement toward incorporation and all it entails.

I really liked the message board when it was simple, factual and without any fuss, ego or politics whatsoever.

I learned to move with the times and adapt. In fact I attended our REMLR AGM at Corowa earlier this year as a full financial member and it would be fair to say that I was not backward in coming forward to make my contribution toward REMLR's transition into an incorporated entity as well as sharing my vision of REMLR's future.

I have to state for the record that few could have been more stunned by the abrupt closure of the previous REMLR forum, especially since I was not extended any form of notice, nor explanation nor even an invitation to join this current Forum.

I have also noted what I would describe as a slightly 'undesirable' element beginning to gain a foothold in the evolving REMLR culture. By this I mean the politics, the provicative posts, the constant hijacking of threads for personal conversations and an emerging sense that some REMLR members are throwing their weight around on the forum and in public as representatives of REMLR.

In my opinion we here at REMLR are merely a collective of individual private citizens brought together by our mutual interest in ex Military vehicles.

We most certainly are NOT an authority on the subject, although I accept that the REMLR website which we have all shared in accumulating. Is considered to be the information database with regard to Ex Military Land Rovers.

We at REMLR do NOT have a right to dictate to owners of Landrovers in any way regarding how they should operate, restore, enjoy, buy or sell their private property.

We at REMLR do NOT have a right to exclusive opinion on anything whatsoever to do with Ex Military vehicles and equipment either.

We at REMLR  DO have a responsibility to act in a measured and mature manner at all times when online or in the real world.

I think most of us are on the ball in this regard but every now and again, and increasingly too often for my comfort, my attention is being drawn to negative behavior by persons representing REMLR and bringing the rest of us, the silent and reasonable majority, into disrepute.

I believe that REMLR should be a group which is mature, reasonable, and measured when viewed by the public.

Anything other than the above and we become just another rabble of a group, and there are too many rabble groups alread

I congratulate the committee and the rest of the responsible hard wirking volunteers who are bringing REMLR into the 21st century. I only hope that it isn't going to be at the cost of our image and values.

We also have a world class database and website, notwithstanding a few small typos and accuracy issues I think we should all be very proud of it indeed

Sincerely

Phill

Tommy

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
I have to state for the record that I am a little disapointed by all this political 'Argy-Bargy' I have been reading since finding my way onto the new REMLR forum.

Having been with REMLR for something like the past ten or twelve years and actively contributing the both of the previous forums, I admit that I was cool to the movement toward incorporation and all it entails.

I really liked the message board when it was simple, factual and without any fuss, ego or politics whatsoever.

I learned to move with the times and adapt. In fact I attended our REMLR AGM at Corowa earlier this year as a full financial member and it would be fair to say that I was not backward in coming forward to make my contribution toward REMLR's transition into an incorporated entity as well as sharing my vision of REMLR's future.

I have to state for the record that few could have been more stunned by the abrupt closure of the previous REMLR forum, especially since I was not extended any form of notice, nor explanation nor even an invitation to join this current Forum.

I have also noted what I would describe as a slightly 'undesirable' element beginning to gain a foothold in the evolving REMLR culture. By this I mean the politics, the provicative posts, the constant hijacking of threads for personal conversations and an emerging sense that some REMLR members are throwing their weight around on the forum and in public as representatives of REMLR.

In my opinion we here at REMLR are merely a collective of individual private citizens brought together by our mutual interest in ex Military vehicles.

We most certainly are NOT an authority on the subject, although I accept that the REMLR website which we have all shared in accumulating. Is considered to be the information database with regard to Ex Military Land Rovers.

We at REMLR do NOT have a right to dictate to owners of Landrovers in any way regarding how they should operate, restore, enjoy, buy or sell their private property.

We at REMLR do NOT have a right to exclusive opinion on anything whatsoever to do with Ex Military vehicles and equipment either.

We at REMLR  DO have a responsibility to act in a measured and mature manner at all times when online or in the real world.

I think most of us are on the ball in this regard but every now and again, and increasingly too often for my comfort, my attention is being drawn to negative behavior by persons representing REMLR and bringing the rest of us, the silent and reasonable majority, into disrepute.

I believe that REMLR should be a group which is mature, reasonable, and measured when viewed by the public.

Anything other than the above and we become just another rabble of a group, and there are too many rabble groups alread

I congratulate the committee and the rest of the responsible hard wirking volunteers who are bringing REMLR into the 21st century. I only hope that it isn't going to be at the cost of our image and values.

We also have a world class database and website, notwithstanding a few small typos and accuracy issues I think we should all be very proud of it indeed

Sincerely

Phill

Howdy Phill

Someone got outa the wrong side of bed this morning ;D

BTW....what the hell are you doing in NSW :-\

Stuart

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:10:11 PM by Tommy »

Tankradio

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 01:37:27 AM »
Anything I want - it's my birthright :)

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »

Sincerely

Phill

Nice to hear from you again Phill, I have to say I agree with you completely on, well, all of that :)  And it's nice to know that we have your suport.

Oh, and tell me where teh typos are so I can fix them please  ;D
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Cliffy

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 51
  • Forwarned, Forearmed.
  • REMLR No: 367
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »

Sincerely

Phill

Hmmm....can you be more specific?? I can't see any BS in the recent posts :o
I know there was alot rubbish at the start but I think that's all ancient history.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:48:27 PM by Cliffy »