Author Topic: Bush Bar..  (Read 15877 times)

Cooper

Re: Bush Bar..
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 10:41:46 PM »
Too right Vixen...

But I should not be gotten at for a simple remark...... that I was unaware that it was breaking a remlr rule ( when clearly it was not )

My message would be dont shot down your helpers, before you understand what they may have to offer...........

Just what are you offering Vixen Juddy? Should i dress her specially for the occasion? ;)

Coops.

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
It was just a quotation...

As for dressing her, ummmm lets go for some long leather boots, short skirt, er...... linen white top, a nice set of  Vagin Pouvoir, and a Land rover baseball cap...
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

Richard o

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 07:56:17 AM »
C'mon guys...

Getting stupid now >:(

Yes REMLR is a Inc entity now, so if you have concerns send the committee members a PM. I have regarding an issue I had with something, it might not have been responded to, but I did go through the motions. I choose to leave it at that.

So if not happy, go through the process of challengning it, if you are not responded to, then make it known to other members and go from there. Give the committee a chance to respond in the first instance.

I don't think it unreasonable to ask questions and expect an answer, we all have busy lives and things do take time. The committee needs a reasonable amount of time to respond as a group.

A "Private area", which if its anything like the "AULRO Private REMLR area" for some reason has been left locked on AULRO, can be made "unavailable". I think it isn't needed, we are all adults and should behave that way.

Regarding people watching for price info, this has gone on for years. Juddy, I can understand you wanting to know the value of things, wish I did when I first started getting into LR's. That said the Value of things comes down to what people are willing to pay. Brush Bar's I have come across have ranged from free, to swaps, to close to one hundred dollars. There are people in the community that will ask for spotters fees, your first born child for info etc etc but the 98% of people are good and fair.

I think some forum rules or code of conduct needs to be sorted before we bunker down into private area. In the least we all know what the state of play is. Its not implied, not the vibe but a set of working guidelines.

There is some great posts on the new forum here, there is also some crappy stuff I can only assume pumps up peoples post counts. Some of these post are just a total waste of time and Hijack topics... Be great if this stopped, its very annoying and dare say I'm not the only one that thinks so >:(

Well my two bobs worth.

R

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »

There is some great posts on the new forum here, there is also some crappy stuff I can only assume pumps up peoples post counts. Some of these post are just a total waste of time and Hijack topics... Be great if this stopped, its very annoying and dare say I'm not the only one that thinks so >:(

Well my two bobs worth.

R

Did you leave your sense of humour in bed this morning Richard?  ::) It's OK to be all serious, but life ain't like that  ;D

Cooper

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »
Did you leave your sense of humour in bed this morning Richard?  ::) It's OK to be all serious, but life ain't like that  ;D

If life was like that, how tedious.

Richard o

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »

Well my two bobs worth.

R

"OK to be all serious, but life ain't like that"..... Pat, great that is your ethos, good for you girl !! What does that have to do with my level of humour after leaving my bed? and if your offering your services as a life coach, please consider your services not required.

Instead of engaging in any constructive manner to what I placed on the forum, usual Crap prevails. Well, good work, another to the post count,, YAY :o

Instead of trying to get a constructive outcome to a topic that was getting heated, your input is such... ;)

Awaiting your reply Mr Cooper.... ::)

R

Cooper

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
 My reply to you is this. I have found that, sometimes,  the best way to take heat out of a subject is with humour. This is why i put the post in about dressing Vixen to Juddy, his reply was very funny. I am a moderator on a forum and have seen, and used, this method to deflect things getting excited. If you do not find the room for humour in life or in  here, wow.

Coops.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:09:15 AM by Cooper »

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »

"OK to be all serious, but life ain't like that"..... Pat, great that is your ethos, good for you girl !!

R

Yep, life is too short to be getting caught up in the pettiness of arguments like this. There is far more stuff of more importance in life. Life would not stop if REMLR (or any other hobbyists/enthusiasts club or forum) no longer existed.

Oh yeah...check my MASSIVE post count  ::)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:07:37 AM by Vixen »

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »
Sorted them, everyones calmed down, stress free, and looking forward to enjoying life the weekend and Land Rovers..... ;)
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

AGAS 5

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your thoughts on this matter.

The issue of what is it worth has been under consideration by the Committee for the last few days.  I'm sure you would appreciate that not all members access this forum every day - the same can be said for the committee.

For the time being I'm going to lock this thread - I'm sure Phoenix will unlock it when he has a more formal response to provide.

I don't anticipate this will take too much longer.

Cheers,

Pete

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
I go to melborne for the weekend to look at pretty dresses and all hell breaks loose!!!  :o ;D

Ok, yes, there is no set of forum rules on this forum per say.  Why not, because I simply continued to operate on the policies and rules that we operated under on the old forum.  There had been no problems so the issue had not come up within the committee area on the forum.  I also remind people that while I am the administrator on here, it is the committee that writes the rules so to speak.  I am simply one of those that enforce what seems reasonable.

There is a few people making a lot of noise in here as well I have to say.  I have cast no generalisations or accusations in any direction in my comments in this thread, and unless anybody missed it, I did actually answer the question myself in my post early in this thread.
As has been said, the committee is discussing both the issue of forum rules, as well as a private members area and "what's it worth" threads in general.  If you have an honets submission or thought on those topics, feel free to look up the forum rules thread and make your suggestions.

Richard

REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764