Author Topic: Bush Bar..  (Read 15972 times)

Offline korg20000bc

• THANKS 16
  • REMLR No: 301
Re: Bush Bar..
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »
I don't think Phoenix is saying- DON'T
He's saying DO, but do it privately.

We have the ability to send private messages to each other.  That's a good use for the forum- sharing and disseminating information.  It just doesn't have to shouted from the rooftops, as it were.

That's how I understand it,anyway.
Your name will also go on zee list!

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
Well at least I am not alone in the Mine Field on this one....

1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

Tommy

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »

I think that is exactly what he is saying.... "the "what's it worth" posts have never been welcome on here"

I think the committee need to sort this nonsense out quick smart.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:25:37 PM by Tommy »

Offline korg20000bc

• THANKS 16
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »

I think that is exactly what he is saying.... "the "what's it worth" posts have never been welcome on here"

I think the committee need to sort this nonsense out quick smart.

Your quote of what phoenix wrote was that "what its worth POSTS have never been welcome..."
He wasn't saying don't ask fellow members privately.

But, I'm not taking sides or anything. Just trying to head off why I took to be a misinterpretation of his post.
I've asked those questions when we were over on AULRO. A moderator told me not to. I then asked that moderator the same question by PM and I got very helpful answer.

Tommy

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 08:13:46 PM »

Your quote of what phoenix wrote was that "what its worth POSTS have never been welcome..."
He wasn't saying don't ask fellow members privately.

Juddy asked a simple question about a simple Land Rover item. Who has the right to reprimand him for posting that question.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:16:51 PM by Tommy »

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »
Here's a clue Juddy....what would YOU pay for one? That will give you an idea as to what to expect others might be willing to pay  ;D

As for "what is it worth" questions....Phoenix is entirely right in saying they were never welcome on the old REMLR forum nor the AULRO forum. On AULRO any such questions were very quickly removed by moderators for the reasons Phoenix stated, and also because by posting such questions a flurry of "sell it to me" replies followed. There is a markets section to be used for selling, it's not too much to ask that selling be done properly and in the proper places  ;)

Offline korg20000bc

• THANKS 16
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Juddy asked a simple question about a simple Land Rover item. Who has the right to reprimand him for posting that question.
Who? I don't know. And the question didn't bother me at all. But I hadn't considered all the factors against that have been raised.
Also, I didn't read it as a reprimand but a clarification of the issue.

Can we err on the side of graciousness and realise that written forums aren't places of perfect communication?

Tommy

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
Here's a clue Juddy....what would YOU pay for one? That will give you an idea as to what to expect others might be willing to pay  ;D

As for "what is it worth" questions....Phoenix is entirely right in saying they were never welcome on the old REMLR forum nor the AULRO forum. On AULRO any such questions were very quickly removed by moderators for the reasons Phoenix stated, and also because by posting such questions a flurry of "sell it to me" replies followed. There is a markets section to be used for selling, it's not too much to ask that selling be done properly and in the proper places  ;)

Hello Pat

If these 'Whats it worth' threads are to be discouraged then Richard should post up a new thread stating exactly that. What disappoints me is that a person in a position of authority has made a decision without consultation with members. I certainly hope that the REMLR Inc committee would formally sanction any decision before members are reprimanded.

Has the committee discussed this issue? Have they ratified any policy on this matter? It may all seem 'over the top' to members but we now live in an 'Incorporated' environment where decisions and punishment cannot be dealt out by one Committee member alone. It is now a co-operative effort by the Committee to formalise rules and publish them on the forum. Once published, members will have rules to guide them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:00:01 PM by Tommy »

Tommy

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
Who? I don't know. And the question didn't bother me at all. But I hadn't considered all the factors against that have been raised.
Also, I didn't read it as a reprimand but a clarification of the issue.

Can we err on the side of graciousness and realise that written forums aren't places of perfect communication?

Korg

Read Richards first reply (post #3). He says - The forum really isn't a place for finding out what you have is worth.

Thats not clarification of the issue. As I say in my previous post, who gave Richard the power to make such a statement?

I'm not trying to 'stir the pot' but simply to get some answers. It worries me when statements like these are made without authorization.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:57:35 PM by Tommy »

Offline korg20000bc

• THANKS 16
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
Korg

Read Richards first reply (post #3). He says - The forum really isn't a place for finding out what you have is worth.

Thats not clarification of the issue. As I say in my previous post, who gave Richard the power to make such a statement?

I'm not trying to 'stir the pot' but simply to get some answers. It worries me when statements like these are made without authorization.
Sure, post #3 wasn't a clarification.
The subsequent post seemed to be a pretty clear one, though.

So is the beef for you that Richard made his statement without apparent authorisation? Or, that the reasoning behind not wanting "how much is it worth" posts is flawed.  Maybe both?

I'm not really getting what has bothered you.  Would you explain it a bit more?

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

What would I pay for one, come on what kind of question is that? If you said you had one for sale for $200 and I needed one then I would probably pay you that amount. Is it worth that I have no idea ( because we refuse to give it a proper value ), some smart arse would no doubt chip in and say they got theres for $50, and as such I could think you ripped me off, or I could think I really needed it so I really don't care what I paid for it..

If we had a value of these things, say bush bars are worth between 100/300 $ depending on condition and seller then at least as a buyer you would know what the going rate was.

They seems to be this historic secret squirrel stuff going on with some REMLR members, we live in a electronic world now, and as such nothing is classified anymore, theres no need to continue to adopt the ways of the Masons. ( saying that my dear Granddad was one, but he did not drive a Land Rover )

It can get confusing, a ebayer may have a price on something for say $500, remlr will say thats far too high its only worth $100 ( well within the trading circles of remlr  that it is ).

And if a remlr member knows that a item sold for $500 on ebay etc,  would he really offer his/hers for $100 to another remlr member on here.....??????????

I would love remlr to be in its own secret world, and have remlr currency but I am afraid that aint going to happen.  And if remlr is to survive to the younger generations out there then some flexibility is required.

I will not tolerate any one who states I am out to benefit from selling anything I have. I am however not here to be out of pocket, and when ever I can I will support remlr members in any way I can in offering a fair price on what I sell, or from what can obtain to support the military Land Rover Owner.

However I am only a member and as such I have to follow the rules of the organisation regardless of if I agree to disagree....

2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Tommy

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
Korg

Sure, post #3 wasn't a clarification.
The subsequent post seemed to be a pretty clear one, though.

So is the beef for you that Richard made his statement without apparent authorisation? Or, that the reasoning behind not wanting "how much is it worth" posts is flawed.  Maybe both?

I'm not really getting what has bothered you.  Would you explain it a bit more?

Korg

Yes both.

There appears to be no REMLR Forum rules/policies. If this is so, then Juddy has done nothing wrong as there is no rule or policy for him to break.

If there are no official REMLR Forum rules as approved by the Committee and the Committee has yet to discuss this matter, Richard would therefore be 'unofficially' applying his own personal comments and judgement to the 'Whats it Worth' threads. As an Incorporated Association, these decisions and rules/policies should be preapproved by the Committee and posted on the forum for members to peruse and comment on. Once officially accepted by the membership and Committee, these rules/policies should be posted in a sticky thread for all to see.

I believe REMLR Inc walks on dangerous grounds if individual Committee members take matters into their own hands without Committee approval.

I hope this helps :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:37:36 PM by Tommy »

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
Juddy, it all comes back to the same thing I said before.......

how long is a piece of string?...and we all know its twice as long as it is from one end to the centre  ;D

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
Too right Vixen...

But I should not be gotten at for a simple remark...... that I was unaware that it was breaking a remlr rule ( when clearly it was not )

My message would be dont shot down your helpers, before you understand what they may have to offer...........

Tommy

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

However I am only a member and as such I have to follow the rules of the organisation regardless of if I agree to disagree....

What rules Juddy? There are none as far as I can see.