Author Topic: Bush Bar..  (Read 15972 times)

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
Bush Bar..
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
Whats a fair price for one of these???????
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

Offline firey

• THANKS 4
  • REMLR No: 165
Re: Bush Bar..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
If you are chasing one for your late workshop remember they are different than a normal 2a.

Peter

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
No I have a spare I dont need....  just wondered if I do sell it what its worth....

Or a keep it for a rainy day...
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
The forum really isn't a place for finding out what you have is worth.

Conversely I've seen them go for hundereds, or a 6 pack of beer.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »

Really, you are kidding me.  Is it wrong to wonder what something maybe worth? As for giving it away for a six pack, don't think so, would rather give it away for free.

Tommy

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
I recently paid $50.00 for a very straight S2A brush bar :)

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »
I recently paid $50.00 for a very straight S2A brush bar :)

That's a good price.  Well done.

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »

Really, you are kidding me.  Is it wrong to wonder what something maybe worth? As for giving it away for a six pack, don't think so, would rather give it away for free.

I'm not kidding, and for a few reasons.  One, this is a source of information for those interested, not an avenue to make proffit.  I'm honestly not picking on you here, it's just that the "what's it worth" posts have never been welcome on here or on AULRO in the past, and before you get defensive, let me explain.

This forum, as with the old one, is open for anybody to view, and reaily able to be found by google searches.  We have discovered, and been informed, on many occasions that vendors in other places such as auction houses, ebay etc have not only watched what things are worth, but attemted to artificially inflate thos figures to their own personal, or company, gain.  We are after all all about disceminating information, and helping those interested in these vehicles, or restoring them, not about lining others pockets.  I hope this explains why we are somewhat cautious about the what's it worth threads both now and in the past. 

Happy to discuss further if you like specifically and generaly, or with anybody for that matter.  If you think this is the wrong tact, feel free to debate (healthy debate is always encouraged) or raise with the committee as it isn't just me that directs things for the last few years for that matter.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
Thank you for explaining all that.. 

(We are after all all about disceminating information, and helping those interested in these vehicles, or restoring then).  Some people are but theres others who really only care about themselves...

Do I think its wrong that, I cant seek advice from the forum I belong to as to the value of something, be that because I want to sell it ( and dont want to get ripped off selling it If I had no idea of its Market value ), or because I may need to Insure it, or just out of Interest, Yes I do think thats wrong, we make comments on the sale price's of vehicle's theres little difference there.

But at the end of the day, I have to follow your guidelines and therefore I agree to disagree.

Offline muddy

• THANKS 11
  • REMLR No: 237
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
May be a good reason for a members forum only

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

I will back up 'Muddy" here, there are people both private traders and company traders that watch these types of forums and then price their vehicles and parts to suit, same as we watch and purchase from UK if the parts are substantually cheaper,I will explain next time we meet  ;)

I know of some military landrovers that went through auction a couple of years ago, to a dealer auction price +10,000  :o

cheers
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:37:46 AM by Uncle Ho »

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:15 PM »

I think this as been taken way out of context here.

As for over over priced Land Rovers just look at the prices of those ex army TD5 Station wagons recently.  Yet even I still get people ( mostly Land Rover Owners ) who winge at a ex UK land rover for half the price.

As for buying goods from the UK, because they are cheaper than the Oz, thats becoming a issue even for me now, I myself have purchased many different items from the UK and other countries far cheaper than I could buy here, you try running a business and sourcing your products from the Uk to sell here, you will have a uphill battle.

Having sole distribution rights is the only way round this.

Tommy

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
I'm not kidding, and for a few reasons.  One, this is a source of information for those interested, not an avenue to make proffit.  I'm honestly not picking on you here, it's just that the "what's it worth" posts have never been welcome on here or on AULRO in the past, and before you get defensive, let me explain.

This forum, as with the old one, is open for anybody to view, and reaily able to be found by google searches.  We have discovered, and been informed, on many occasions that vendors in other places such as auction houses, ebay etc have not only watched what things are worth, but attemted to artificially inflate thos figures to their own personal, or company, gain.  We are after all all about disceminating information, and helping those interested in these vehicles, or restoring them, not about lining others pockets.  I hope this explains why we are somewhat cautious about the what's it worth threads both now and in the past. 

Happy to discuss further if you like specifically and generaly, or with anybody for that matter.  If you think this is the wrong tact, feel free to debate (healthy debate is always encouraged) or raise with the committee as it isn't just me that directs things for the last few years for that matter.

Richard

Not sure if I agree with your statement. I don't see the problem with asking a simple question about what something is worth. I would have thought that the interests of REMLR members far outweigh any 'outsiders' spying on us. Ex army Land Rovers and spare parts posted on ebay and the like will sell for what someone is prepared to pay for them regardless of what info is posted on this forum.

"it's just that the "what's it worth" posts have never been welcome on here or on AULRO in the past". I've been on this forum for 6 years now and have never seen any reference to this statement. Maybe I missed something.

Extracted from the REMLR - Statement of the Association Objectives....

Vision

REMLR - Registry of Ex Military Land Rovers will continue to work to collect and preserve information, offer advice and provide historical, technical and general information to enthusiasts, preservers and collectors of ex Australian military Land Rovers.

I would hate to see this vision corrupted by a few unscrupulous 'outsiders'.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:47:44 PM by Tommy »

Offline Uncle Ho

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 003
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

G'day Juddy  :)

Aah! the TD5 8 seaters, I was at that Brisbane auction of the 2004 models(aircon),and still have the cattledog,and what they went for and what they were on the market for was very different,their milage varied from 29,160klm to 37,693klm,one luckyS.E.Qld military owner got the 29K one, and a No 5 to go with it  ;D

Auctioned Wednesday,regoed Thursday  ;)

cheers

Offline Polizei

• THANKS 9
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 10:19:09 AM »
I know I am new around here but I think censoring the discussion of values of items/vehicles for the reasons you have mentioned is a bit on the paranoid side!

We all benefit from having a sense of fair market value on items and this is certainly the ethos on several other car related forums of which I am a member. As a result of 'what is it worth' and 'what did you pay' type discussions it is far less likely that someone will be taken advantage of by profiteering vendors.

I take on board your point Phoenix but I believe the good far outweighs the bad.

And as for selling my own spare S3 bush bar, I am currently no closer to knowing its fair market value  :-\