Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
Introduction
« on: April 01, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Hi everyone,  found your forum some time ago, whilst looking for information and parts for  land rovers.  I have been coaching my husband to become computer literate, what better way to teach him other than something he is passionate about.  I'm not sure it was a good idea in hindsight, as he spends quite a lot of time on your site. We have a number of land rovers, bless him.  Two county tray backs with 4BD1 Isuzu motors. One new 4BD1 motor sitting in our trailer, a 5 speed gearbox LT85 in my flower bed,   "Just in case he needs one"  and Series 3 for our farm. You have all become household names at our dinner table, so I feel like part of the family already.  Never ceases to amaze me that anyone in a land rover waves to you when you go past.  Just love it. I have been in training as the "apprentice", we recently changed the motor, gearbox and front end in our 85 tray back, "Wendy". Have a standing appointment at Minto each month and the elusive ambition of travelling Australia one day(May have to sell a property to afford what he is looking at).
Rosie

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:42:32 PM »
Hi
Welcome to the forum landies can be addictive so your husband may need medical care (broken fingers etc when working on them is common). Good to see you already have a collection :D and you want to add a green one from minto, 6x6 any chance ;D

if you need to sell your first born its cheaper to look after a land rover than bring kids up today
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »
Thank you,
luckily I have 6 kids, they were much cheaper than the landies. I keep telling hubby the only reason he works is to pay for his
girls.
Rosie

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 59
  • REMLR No: 403
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the forum! I might see you at Minto some time if you go so often - heck, I might have seen you there already! I'm learning quickly how nice an Isuzu Landy is, you're lucky to have two (and maybe 3 soon?).

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »
welcome to REMLR  ;D
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
Welcome to REMLR and hats off to you for being the apprentice and the computer tutor as well.

I just saw a Series 3 88in hardtop diesel a short time ago - you might like for your farm. Its on ebay and says its from Melbourne. Either they treat their car roadworthy checks a bit rough down there or its a farm vehicle...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--YYHCKTxAF8/Uzuan-0CHFI/AAAAAAAAGCU/ME9CsgbBNvc/w1197-h898-no/passenger-side-frontx1400.jpg

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:59:23 PM »
welcome to REMLR  ;D

Thank you Phoenix, a few things intrigue me....firstly, the Hero member tag?  Did you serve in the armed services? Anyone who did makes them a hero in my book.  Secondly the little plates on the side under the seats in the landies at Minto auctions  have punch holes in certain numbers, does this signify modifications to vehicles?  or what? I have seen one with the whole number punched out and other numbers with a small punch/drill hole? I'd hate to die wondering.

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »
Hi
Welcome to the forum landies can be addictive so your husband may need medical care (broken fingers etc when working on them is common). Good to see you already have a collection :D and you want to add a green one from minto, 6x6 any chance ;D

if you need to sell your first born its cheaper to look after a land rover than bring kids up today

I love the colour green especially drab olive and the more wheels the better, I'm told. Apparently can never have enough or too many land rovers :D

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »
Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the forum! I might see you at Minto some time if you go so often - heck, I might have seen you there already! I'm learning quickly how nice an Isuzu Landy is, you're lucky to have two (and maybe 3 soon?).

My daughter lives in the Blue Mountains and I babysit for her. Perhaps

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »
Hi Rosie

Hero , newbie tags are worked out by number of posts but there are lots of ex-servies on the forum ;D

I must admit I have not looked at a 110 MOD Plate but that sounds like what you describe numbers are usually crossed out as modifications are done to the vehicle, we are trying to get a list of what modification  corresponds to each number.

6 kids I think that entitles you to at least 12 landies ;D
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »
What only 12? I think he has grander visions.  I was hoping he would sell a few and get serious ;D

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
I'm afraid that the hero member, as intimated by others, is because of the number of posts.  I am not ex services of any kind myself.  I did some time as an instructor with the Air Force Cadets, but that is completely separate from the ADF.

As The Booger mentioned, that is the modification plate, to help track modifications to vehicles have been made (or not made) when instructions on changes or modifications to the fleet have been mandated. 
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
We are very saddened to learn that Gary Gjerde CLR 4WD Parts at Winmalee has passed away.  He was a such lovely person, nothing was too much trouble for him.  We will miss him greatly.

Offline Rosie OGrady

• THANKS 1
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
Hi Guys,
Just got the email... it's on again Minto Brisbane Melbourne Darwin and Perth.  Have you been saving your pennies?
Couple of nice looking 6x6 on the ad at Minto.  Nice looking Infantry Carrier Victoria. Got a message from my daughter this morning, she is up near Narrabri.  She tells me that there are some protesters  (Coal Mining) up there getting around in camo vehicles. I would have thought if you were protesting you would want to be seen. lol :)

Offline Ellard

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 74
  • REMLR No: 196
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »

Welcome to REMLR Rosie.......sounds like you have a great collection

Its also great to see a strong support with his/her partners hobby.

All the best

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:30:24 PM by Ellard »
2 x SI 1958 LWB Fire Engine
1 x SII LWB 1961 Angus Firefly
1 x SIIA LWB 1963 Fire Tender (No 5 fire trailer)
1 x 110 48:005 Forward Command Podt