Author Topic: Trailers in SVN  (Read 14818 times)

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: Trailers in SVN
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
Diana, et al, I agree with your comments - it is asking a lot of Mike - what ever makes it comfortable is the right way forwards

STDDIVER

Offline Mike C

• THANKS 92
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
Pandora's box .... or a can of worms?  Whatever, besides the fact I've been interstate (Montana is very scenic) , I don't gave ready access to any of my post-war databases anymore, as I didn't migrate them forward when I updated to a new harddrive. I still have them, but they are in storage and I have to be going past before I bring them back to the office. The reason is simply that I've moved on from working actively on the post-war era as a result of what I can only describe as 'cyberbullying' over the last few years about aspects of my post-war research, particularly the source documents I've accumulated. There really are some ungrateful bastards in this world, and I for one don't want or need to be associated with them. So, since I can work on other areas of interest that provide just as much satisfaction (this is afterall, supposed to be an enjoyable hobby!) and don't invite the sort of crap I've been subjected to, the post war 'stuff' has been shelved. I'll still answer these sorts of questions, but the answers will only come when I have reason to access that hard drive. I've had it out of late to help with the next article for Richard Farrant's KVE Newsletter  - like Phoenix, a true gentleman of the hobby. OK, off my soap box....

101029: was RTA on AS John Monash.
154021, 154677, 154883, 173589: no indication in my data that any of them served in SVN. Interestingly, there are no records that I've seen that any of the 1735XX saw service in SVN, but maybe Carzee, who is far closer to the records than I am these days, has unearthed something?

Regards

Mike C

Offline 2short

• THANKS 41
  • REMLR No: 471
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
Pandora's box .... or a can of worms?  Whatever, besides the fact I've been interstate (Montana is very scenic) , I don't gave ready access to any of my post-war databases anymore, as I didn't migrate them forward when I updated to a new harddrive. I still have them, but they are in storage and I have to be going past before I bring them back to the office. The reason is simply that I've moved on from working actively on the post-war era as a result of what I can only describe as 'cyberbullying' over the last few years about aspects of my post-war research, particularly the source documents I've accumulated. There really are some ungrateful bastards in this world, and I for one don't want or need to be associated with them. So, since I can work on other areas of interest that provide just as much satisfaction (this is afterall, supposed to be an enjoyable hobby!) and don't invite the sort of crap I've been subjected to, the post war 'stuff' has been shelved. I'll still answer these sorts of questions, but the answers will only come when I have reason to access that hard drive. I've had it out of late to help with the next article for Richard Farrant's KVE Newsletter  - like Phoenix, a true gentleman of the hobby. OK, off my soap box....
Regards

Mike C

Very disappointing to read of your troubles Mike.
Without you and your dedicated research over many years we would not have been able to enjoy this hobby as much as we have. I for one have asked you questions in the past and you have always lent a helping hand, whether here or MLU. Your books are terrific and your knowledge always looked upon as first class.
For that small vocal number that has given you trouble in the past rest assured a bloody big greater number greatly appreciates what you have done.
My two cents.
Regards
Ryan

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:30:07 PM by 2short »

Offline lucipla

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 10
  • 49154 FFR + 101015 # 5 trailer
  • REMLR No: 410
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
Hi Mike
I am very sorry to read about peoples abusing you , your research and data base is of incalculable value , if people cannot  knolowge that , well they not deserve to be in this site , every one have some knolowge in somethings related to the military world and receiving that info from someone like you  is a privilege and everyone should be respected
Kind regards
Lucipla

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »
Hi Mike, I am echoing Lucipla and Ryan's comments and I support what you have done.  I cannot imagine why a person would would bully another, through cyber or otherwise and I, as well as many others, do not condone any abuse of any kind.  This information and the background you have given explains Diana's earlier comments which at the time she expressed her point of view I did not fully understand but respecting her in every way, now understand far better her comments and why.  This is a totally unexpected side to people and one I find abhorrent.   Please just keep keepin the dream alive in your own way!   

My respects and regards   - Frank

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
Hi Mike, everyone loves Montana on youtube, looks great. And I think everyone here loves your work. Incredible news to me that you have problems with research peers or cyberbullies. Its a nutty world.

With regards to Laurie's 173589, I have plenty of 1736-- and 1737-- etc but only one 1735--, and the one I saw had a last digit that was unreadable in the document.

For the record, if anyone has 173500 to 173509, you may "share" in this shipping detail: Document R553/5/4/41 has a 17350x onboard the Jeparit, RTA 21nov71 and allocation to 2BOD Sydney.

Offline Mike C

• THANKS 92
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 12:25:13 AM »
Interesting, Carzee, that you have the same experience (almost) re the 1735XX series, with only one showing up, but as you say, plenty in surrounding groups.

Thanks Gents, for your thoughts. S**t happens. Life is too short, so treat with ignore and move on.

Best regards to all

Mike

Offline Young Eric

• THANKS 31
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »
have just brought 2 number 5 trailers, 154 251 & 173 336.
Does any body have any in service pictures or any info on possible SVN use ?

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »
We really recognise ALL your efforts Mike C (not just this No.5 stuff).

To apply pressure or abuse to any researcher, or historian, is truly beyond the pale.

We continue to hope that you can beaver away with your interests with only appreciative recognition being registered.

2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »
have just brought 2 number 5 trailers, 154 251 & 173 336.
Does any body have any in service pictures or any info on possible SVN use ?

Sorry to say neither of those are on the lists I have to date. The 1733xx series does have 30 to 40 ARNs that went over and all aound your 173336 too, so something may come up later.

Offline Young Eric

• THANKS 31
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »
many thanks for that Carzee.

Offline 2short

• THANKS 41
  • REMLR No: 471
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
Does anyone have info on trailer 173-720? It's a fairly rare one.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2018, 06:39:39 AM »
Thats your radar workshop trailer.
No info on my lists at the moment.

Offline 2short