Author Topic: Help with my vehicle 25334205G and why has side rails?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline SAAFCAPT

• THANKS 0
Help with my vehicle 25334205G and why has side rails?
« on: April 09, 2023, 04:04:26 PM »
Hi, new here but not to restoration. I own the above vehicle 2a date 10/70 which I believe is a G.S. I can't work out how to find its ARN? Also, it has intriguing side rails with proper fixing point/holes on it. Very well made and properly weld mounted to the side outriggers. From experience the paint on the rails is consistent with the paint on the car. Multiple layers of ancient Olive Drab over an original finish of a British green which is how I believe they were delivered. Another 'expert' said they were 'farm fitted' but the paint layers don't support that. To me they look like side brush protection. Fitted by Army after delivery. It also has two intriguing welded on mount points on the front brush protector facing backwards? Protective tube rails? What are members thoughts? I don't know how to post pics from my phone unfortunately any tips welcome. Thanks very much. Jeremy Havard

Offline Lionelgee

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 353PY
Re: Help with my vehicle 25334205G and why has side rails?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 06:29:59 PM »
Hello  Jeremy and Welcome to the club.

Could you post up some photographs of your vehicle and include shots of the particular items you would like identified?

Kind regards
Lionel

Offline Tankradio

• THANKS 5
  • REMLR No: 118
Re: Help with my vehicle 25334205G and why has side rails?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 06:37:04 PM »
Without seeing the images, ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’ all I can speculatively offer is the fact that Topographical Survey vehicles sometimes had the extra brushguards as well as the side rails fitted in service.

What does it say on the black anodized nomenclature data plate ?

Does it have vertically or horizontally mounted tailight buckets ?

Cheers

Phill

AKA Tankradio, Army Veteran & retired Detective, owner, 1944 GPW USMC Ambulance project, 1953 Ferret Mk1, 1954 Ferret Mk2, 1963 No1 Mk3 International GS, 1964 2A Land Rover RAEME Workshop, 1971 No1 Mk4 International GS, 1978 S3 Land Rover FFR RAAC, 1978 S3 Land Rover FFR RAE, 1988 Perentie GS Ex SAS