Author Topic: mystery wing nut  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Legionos2004

• THANKS 0
mystery wing nut
« on: June 01, 2021, 11:20:35 AM »
Hello,
Also does anyone know what the wing it is next the the right bumperette?
Steve
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:34:34 AM by Legionos2004 »

Offline Sharpe

• THANKS 1
  • REMLR No: 312
Re: 1964 Series 2A SWB Ex Army & Cooke cutter bumperettes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
https://www.remlr.com/ARN/ARN-Book.php

You can try searching through the movement books
114-129 2A Workshop

Offline mike_k

• THANKS 54
  • REMLR No: 20
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 07:57:16 AM »
Hi Steve,

We are all in the same boat here on service history for the Series vehicles. When they were sold off, the policy was to destroy the logbooks, so any history is very hard to find. Worth asking though, I'm hoping that some in service photos of my 2As will one day surface.......

For the rear 'scone cutters', they were not designed to carry anything really, they are there just as bumpers to protect the rear body.

The 2A Radio and Topo Survey vehicles had modified versions that carried Jerry cans, and this became standard for the Series 3 in a different design.

Good to see another shorty around, any photos?

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline GGG

• THANKS 33
  • REMLR No: 428
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 07:24:47 PM »
Scone cutters as Mike said were just bumpers. It was not unknown in my experience for the draw bar on a number five to come into contact with them although this only happened in, um, interesting circumstances.
It has also been alleged that soldiers would stand on them as the ride was better than sitting in the back on what passed for roads in TPNG. Of course I never witnessed this. How could one when one was too busy looking forward to worry about what was going on behind. I am sure that our CSM who was occupying the passenger seat would back me up if he is still around.
Lots of things of course "never happened."
Geoff O. (Who as a RAASC driver in the Vietnam era had a number of experiences that officially never happened.)