Author Topic: Semi with ramps wanted for transport Sydney Temora & Return November 1-3.  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
This is a request from AAVA the Australian Armoured Vehicles Association.  Along with other military vehicle enthusiasts, AAVA has been invited to participate with the Warbirds Downunder flying day at Temora Aviation Museum on November 2nd 2013.

AAVA needs assistance with the logistics of moving up to four armoured vehicles from storage in the Sydney Region on Friday 1st November, transport to Temora and then return to Sydney on November 3rd.

The club will be camping nearby the Airport and any owner/drivers are welcome to share our camping experience with us.  We will all be getting complimentary entry to the event and will be able to watch the flying displays and exibits present.

The club is not wealthy, so we are trying to reduce the cost of transport as much as possible.

Ideally what we need is two semi-trailers, preferably with ramps to load the vehicles (although we have contingencies for loading onto flat deck trailers without ramps).  There are loading ramps available in Temora.

Please PM me if interested or know of someone else who may be.
Diana
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:06:12 PM by Diana Alan »
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
The likely participant vehicles will be:
* Alvis CVR(W) Vixen or CVR(T) Striker 8T
* Alvis Saracen APC (wheeled) 11T
* Stuart Light Tank (tracked) 14.7T
* International M5 Half-Track 9.5T

Possible
* Daimler Ferret 4T
* Alvis Saladin 11T

Vehicles will be confirmed with available transport and load combinations.

Diana
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
they have to be rich to have all of them ;}

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
they have to be rich to have all of them ;}
Most people have only a single vehicle and are poor because of them.  At least one of them has been using the vehicles as part of his retirement savings and has sold most of them.

I don't know how many other people would spend several thousand dollars to entertain other people for free.  Taking the Centurian tank from Benalla to Corowa in 2009 cost the owner $6,000.  The vehicles we took to Corowa in 2011 cost the owners $5,000.  What is the most you have spent just for getting to Corowa and not the money spent on the eating drinking and swap meet purchases?

So don't let the envy cloud judgement.

Diana
REMLR 240.

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
Re: Semi with ramps wanted for transport Sydney Temora & Return November 1-3.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
i have never taken a vehicle to corowa to entertain others,i do it for me,i drove my inter and trailer with two other people's ww2 jeeps and i did not charge the jeep owners,the inter looked good.dove my M8 greyhound from canberra to corowa via the back roads and at 40lts per 100klm,but all had to be sold as i have a family now and can not afford them.was at corowa one year and lang had his carryall there and i asked if he could take it down to the waters edge for a photo and he said to me take it for a drive and bring it back when you have finshed.as i have done as well with the m8 and to see the smile on poeple's face after diving it.i have moved AAVA on a B double when i was a member at no cost to them from sydney to Canberra and i paid for the fuel,but it did look good with a bren stuart and an m3a1 white on the back,to me it is all in good fun and to get them out of the shed,as you only live once.
Just remember it is all in good fun.

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
Re: Semi with ramps wanted for transport Sydney Temora & Return November 1-3.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Hi Stephen

Don't get me wrong we enjoy taking vehicles places and enjoy using and driving them, more important is the old and new friends we meet along the way.  The issue is that most frequently the owner members are paying for floating at commercial rates and that does hurt the hip pocket nerve.  For this reason the outings for many vehicles is limited.

In my post above I was reacting to the comment about armoured vehicle owners being rich, some are, but most are just everyday people who spend a larger portion of their income on their hobby.  We could have aviation as our hobby.

As it turns out we have arranged transport to Temora as very good rates, courtesy of other mil vehicle enthusiasts, but, unfortunately some of our members are now uable to go for various reasons.  I would be happy to put something on the back of my Mk3 but none of the armoured vehicles weigh 1.6 tonne or less (the payload limit for NSW Historic registered Mk3 and Mk4).

Diana
REMLR 240.