Author Topic: my stuff  (Read 41316 times)

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 89
  • REMLR No: 217
Re: my stuff
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
Nice work Dennis!

Looking at your difficulty with clamping pairs for drilling; I usually weld them together in a convenient place with tacks and then cut or grind through the tacks, after drilling or shaping,

Cheers Charlie
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline DennisM

• THANKS 254
  • REMLR No: 70
Re: my stuff
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2020, 06:32:32 PM »
It has been some time since I updated this thread, in short I have made progress but at times 1 step forward 3 backwards LOL, anyway I can report that the tender is 99.9995% complete, it has been soft soldered on all joints etc, it just needs to have to coal floor plate sealed with a silicone type sealer, but not until I'm 100% ready to throw a match into the firebox.
There are still a plethora of small tasks to be attended, I have made many a valve to use in the steam circuits, I have no doubt that I will either reject them or redesign them to suit, just at present I have been working on the cab, it now free stands as of this afternoon (Saturday 16th May 2020)the cab width at the front 'spectacle plate is a 1/64" too wide, my thoughts are bugger it, that's how it will be LOL, anyway between working on this and my 110FFR (electrical issue with alternator) my County 110 leaking hub oil seal, and a very quite Anzac Day, I have no clues as to where time goes, cheers dennis
The loco/tender about 2 weeks ago

from another angle

the spectacle plate

plus 1/64" too wide (0.0156")

the free standing cab