Author Topic: Kelly Kettles and such stuff.  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
Kelly Kettles and such stuff.
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
I like those Kelly Kettles. Goes back to a certain R&R a decade ago when Dennis and Dianne had the first one I'd ever seen. I'm still too cheap to fork out and buy one of those things.

Well, its no news to anyone that down here on the Monaro it gets a tad cold and breezy. (Hey, remember the 50th at Cooma in 1998? I'll never forget that paddock with the constant wind.)

Lately I've been bushwalking (a sport where you win by having more blisters on your feet than your opponent) and so the interest in cooking gear. I got a fan forced billy base. It holds and shields the fire under a billy. The base has perforations and the air comes from below. I modded the cable and plug which looked a bit unreliable.

I have been dicking around with pots and pans from the tip. I am using ideas seen on the web such as "rocket stoves". I have no idea what I'm doing, but Its fun and you don't get blisters.

I took some pictures and put them in an online gallery for you to giggle at...
https://picasaweb.google.com/101778520489796594573/GaleProofingBillys?authuser=0&feat=directlink.

My best so far, 'the Model B' -all stainless'- for $3 all up.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:09:14 PM by Carzee »

Offline master chief

• THANKS 33
  • REMLR No: 047
Re: Kelly Kettles and such stuff.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
Looks like your having a bit of fun with them Ross!, I bought a Trangia many years ago, fantastic for brewing up in the cold country.

MC
2A Workshop 172-559 Tasman Warrior

Offline Mike C

• THANKS 92
Re: Kelly Kettles and such stuff.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »
So maybe that moniker should be 'Master Chef'????

Mike C