Author Topic: Victoria lock down  (Read 373 times)

Offline Ford Blitz

• THANKS 10
Victoria lock down
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:24:41 PM »
I just posted to the events page and the thought just occurred to me that I should post to the general chatter page.
I just wanted to say that you mob from Victoria to look after yourself and stay isolated and be safe. We will get through this together and I look forwarded to catching up with you when this is over. Thinking of you
Tom

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 105
  • REMLR No: 310
Re: Victoria lock down
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
Thanks for the thought, Tom.

but

Victoria is not in lockdown, yet. Melbourne and Mitchell Shire is.
REMLR # 310, MVCA # 364, 101 Club # 2188, MHG #101
29-417 101 GS, 30-248 101 Rapier Tractor. 30-238 101
34-597 Crump & Cornish 1 ton Cargo Trailer
RT21 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer, 234-671 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer

Offline Ford Blitz

• THANKS 10
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:05:04 PM »
I stand corrected
 :-[

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 105
  • REMLR No: 310
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
Victoria will soon be in lockdown.
Melbourne is in a lockdown, curfew and 5km distance restriction.

I can still go to the pub, if seated with a meal.
REMLR # 310, MVCA # 364, 101 Club # 2188, MHG #101
29-417 101 GS, 30-248 101 Rapier Tractor. 30-238 101
34-597 Crump & Cornish 1 ton Cargo Trailer
RT21 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer, 234-671 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer

Offline BEARMAN

• THANKS 104
  • REMLR No: 430
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 08:08:18 PM »
Hang in there Mick.
09/1998 Perentie 6X6 ARN202516 - BRUTUS

Offline Mike C

• THANKS 91
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 12:08:21 AM »
Sounds like Martial Law!!

Is it an over-reaction?

Mike

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 89
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »
Sounds like Martial Law!!

Is it an over-reaction?

Mike

An over-reaction! Covid-19 kills people of all ages and it is highly contagious!

My daughter, grandson and son-in-law, live in Melbourne as well as other close relatives, including my niece's son who has health complications; do I want any of them to get infected, or die? No I would rather the health authorities and Govt, did everything they can to prevent that from happening.

What the people of this country don't need, is complacency, or idiots spouting about their human-right to spread the plague; or taking advantage of quarantine to bonk the internees. Every State and Territory has managed to control the epidemic except one, in which some people chose to do their own thing perhaps they thought the Victorian Govt was an over-reacting.

The only way out of this plague is to wash hands regularly; keep your distance from everyone; wear a mask, especially if you suspect you might have it; stay home as much as possible; and obey the Govt.

The pandemic can only get worse if we choose to do it our way!
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline dkg002

• THANKS 3
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
100% on the money Chazza.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 58
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:22:41 PM »
Agree!    If everyone does the right thing this is survivable!    What we don't know is what can hurt us too.    (Allegedly but true)  I have heard of a bloke recently coming from Melbourne, locally selling drugs and partying and spreading who knows what everywhere.  The local police doing their job, caught up with him and now two of them have tested positive for Covid-19, so the spread locally can only be guessed in the coming weeks depending on latency.  This is a person they should throw the book at!  As a society, we cannot control the pandemic when people blatantly disregard the law and other persons' safety.  If convicted, I hope the law puts him away for a long time without infecting Police, medical staff, Corrections, Courts, the public and inmates!

Said my part!    I only posted this to support Chazza's and  dkg002's comments and to highlight that without taking the proper precautions you do not know who is out there and what they have been exposed to.

Keep safe -  STDDIVER

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 155
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »
My 2c worth.

People who "do not comply" with pre-cautions are, in many cases, aggravated by it all (especially the mixed up messages about the situation -the moving goalposts syndrome) and so we hear the predictable "The government failed to treat the cruise-ships and air-passengers situation like it was all that serious, so why do we have to"?

My feeling on the basic aggro with the situation is that we all need more info. The health authorities should not treat us as low IQ, they should treat people like they can handle the science and that will encourage even the "problem people" to comply with the rational science based rules.   

Part of the problem is the softly softly media not wanting to step out of their usual lane.

I have looked all at this pandemic closely because my mother is at risk. I haven't been able to see her since January except via Skype. This week's Skype I saw a nurse at her facility wearing a mask for the first time. Should've been SOP since March.  Oh well.

What if they explain that all coronavirus (plural) are a threat to you, not just the latest CV, IF you have had the annual "flu-shot"?
Hmmm. I would guess 99.9pc of Aged Care residents have the flu-shot. Unluckily, while the flu-shot is incredibly terrific for the seasonal flu, when it comes to CV, new or old, the flu-shot has been shown to work against the immune response to CV - it "interferes". [Maybe this is referred to as a Cytokine storm, not sure]. When did this little factoid get publicity? Nil, because it would wreak havoc on the whole flu-shot benefit I suppose... but on the plus side, knowing about it would bring home to the non-compliant people just how serious a threat the CVs are and why. I think it presents a big problem for the researchers trying to make a vaccine as well.

Reference attached.

Offline Mick

• Veteran
  • THANKS 162
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
Hi boys,

In Victoria we have the most secretive, dishonest, and incompetent government this country has ever seen.

The Premier ( who has never worked in the private sector)  makes all his decisions with the political angle in mind and not the best interests of Victorians.

The health minister is a moron;

And the other members of the crisis cabinet are in bed with the unions, spend more time branch stacking and dodging questions than working towards saving the state.

The hotel,quarantine debacle, the BLM protest, and not allowing parliament to sit just enforces how useless they are.

We don't know how they formulate these predictions or why we are locking down. When we lock down, there are so many exceptions, if I had lost my job or business I'd be fuming.

When this Stage 4 doesn't work then what.

My Stage 5 is storming parliament and stringing Andrews and his grubby mates up then having an election  where real people get elected.

We are screaming for some real leadership down here.

I could go on 😳

Offline Mike C

• THANKS 91
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2020, 12:30:58 AM »
... and those making the decisions that impact so heavily on everyone else are still taking their pay home each week.

Back to the bunker .... another incoming salvo ....

Mike

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 89
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
I understand your frustration Mick and empathise completely; during this pandemic I have had the greatest sympathy for those forced out of work.  :(

It also appears, from way over here, that the Vic Govt has made a hash of things, including the unexplainable delays in implementing changes to slow down, or prevent the spread of the virus.

However, the good news is that if the virus is controlled by spacial distancing, good hygiene, and more recently wearing masks in Victoria's case, people will be able to go back to work and businesses can re-open. In this sense, one can ignore any tardiness on the part of the authorities and start the community campaign to kill the virus. I remember in March, cancelling a get together with friends at my home, before anyone in Govt mandated it.

In case anyone is still in the dark about what needs to be done, have a listen to the "Coronacast" on the podcast app, with the ABC's Dr Swan, there is a new podcast each weekday.

Hang in there cobber, we can defeat the  bug!

Cheers Charlie
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline Mick

• Veteran
  • THANKS 162
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 08:28:48 AM »

Exactly right Mike C , Cheers Chazza.  I`m all for fighting the fight and playing my part in defeating this virus.  I just wish we had a government that I could trust.

Take care everyone.

Cheers,

Mick

Offline Ford Blitz

• THANKS 10
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »
Now Mick I told you stage 5 involves a matchbox and a cockroach to give direction. I am afraid I have more faith in that then politicians.
Keep fighting the virus folks we will get there despite politicians!