Author Topic: A day out for 2 Veterans  (Read 79 times)

Offline DennisM

• THANKS 249
  • REMLR No: 70
A day out for 2 Veterans
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »
I took the day off from my shed (working on the live steam loco) and travelled to Vacy for the Village fair, very blustery wind, the canvas tilt making all manner of horrible noises whilst driving, I honestly thought it was going to be ripped off, anyway I arrived safely and noticed another S2A had followed me into town

I had been invited by the publican and his good mate Angus to attend the 'Ye Olde Land Rover' club event held in the town, Maurice the publican is a Land Rover tragic as well as a few others who were there, some had travelled from Sydney and one chap from Orange in a 109 2.25D 8.5 hrs on the road, the publican has a very nice S2A station wagon

the line up for the event which was the slowest vehicle around the course with penalties for using brakes/stopping/reversing

I didn't win anything but that doesn't matter entry fee went to a local charity, the wind was cold despite the glorious sunshine, cheers dennis
ps damned if I can remember the name of the chap who owns the S2A 109GS LOL I must be losing it,,.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: A day out for 2 Veterans
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 11:41:18 AM »
Good on you Dennis - What a great report too!   I don't think you are losing it - with me just some times the recall isn't quite as fast!  Looks like a really great day.

STDDIVER