Author Topic: Diff lock not disengaging LT95  (Read 86 times)

Offline Elliottt

• THANKS 2
Diff lock not disengaging LT95
« on: August 12, 2019, 06:29:37 PM »
Hi, the difflock struggles to disengage. The vacuum lines and switch are all working as expected. To unlock the diff I currently need to crawl under the bloody car, disconnect the vacuum lines and blow compressed air into the diaphragm to push the actuator into the unlocked position. Am I right in thinking the oring is stuffed or do I need a new diaphragm? New diaphragms seem to be pretty hard to come by as it appears to be a discontinued part. Are there any kits around to make the actuator mechanical?

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 57
  • REMLR No: 403
Re: Diff lock not disengaging LT95
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
This is a good question. In my (limited but probably more than most) experience, I've seen more stuffed diaphragms than o-rings (but worth a check I suppose). The diaphragm is NLA through normal channels, as you've seen. I know British Off Road were looking into whether it was a standard part or not but I don't know where they got to in that regard, they might be worth a call. It's also a bugger opening the vacuum enclosure to get to the diaphragm without damaging it. Converting to lever should be reasonably easy as far as that goes, you'd just need to be conscious of putting pressure on the lever until the collar engages fully like with an LT230.