Author Topic: 6x6 International AGD283  (Read 539 times)

Offline Ron

• THANKS 0
6x6 International AGD283
« on: February 25, 2019, 04:00:42 AM »
Hi all just received the biggest project of my life! a 6x6 International ACCO? F1
I found this page via Mr Google and it really has been helpful, It would appear that a few members are quite familiar with this type of truck.
So far I have learnt quite a bit on the maker ect. but am still hoping for a long shot.

Can anyone tell me what International ACCO my truck was based on?

Does anyone have a parts list for it.?

INTERNATIONAL 6X6 ACCO Truck, Cargo, 5 Ton, GS, With Winch
11/73 F1 MK5?
ARN 25-267
Census# 6221
Contract # V119328
Chassis # 3808
Engine  AGD283.24601
Transmission FULLER 5 SPEED 5W-43BT

Kind Regards
Ron

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
Re: 6x6 International AGD283
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 06:32:26 AM »
The International 4x4 and 6x6 trucks were developed for the Army first, and that led International Harvester to develop first the AACO, and then the ACCO for the Civillian market. They followed after the Army's design, they weren't the "design you truck is based on".

As for parts lists (and the Operators manuals), you'll find them in the Library on the main REMLR site (this is just the Forum). At the top right of this page, you will see "The REMLR Website can be found at http://www.remlr.com". Click on that link and you'll find "The Army Inter Page" (a good read) and the "Library". In the Library, look at the banner across the top for "Parts" and "Handbooks". Under each of those you will find the references for the F1 Trucks.

Welcome to the forum! We like to see what's going on, so if you can add a pic from time to time of your truck, we'll all be happy.

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 60
  • REMLR No: 432
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

You can also get copies of the parts manuals (RPS) and the operators manual here on the forum, as I was able to borrow original copies from another member, and I scanned them all and compiled them into a hi-res and standard res PDF format, as I was finding it hard to read some of the copies floating around the net.

Just go out to the main forum and run down to the International Truck Chat link. The manuals are in the stickied topic at the top of the list.

Or, click this link. http://remlr.com/forum/index.php?topic=5176.0

Just be aware, the hi-res copies are a pretty big file, so right-click the link and save them to your PC before opening them.

Greg.

Offline Mick

• Veteran
  • THANKS 158
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »
Ron,

Get Ravin's number on speed dial mate. This bloke has been bringing a F1 with crane back from the dead. By the time he's done there will be nothing he won't know about these trucks.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Mick