Author Topic: Land Rover 2a ignition and blackout switch wiring?.  (Read 322 times)

Offline Matt Reeves

• THANKS 6
Land Rover 2a ignition and blackout switch wiring?.
« on: February 10, 2019, 08:27:14 PM »
Hi. Thanks to DennisM I now have the correct ignition and blackout switch for my 1963 2a but I'm having difficulty with wiring them in.

When I bought it the original keyless ignition switch had been replaced with a civilian type switch with a key. While both the military and civvi switches are both Lucas PRS3 I hadn't realised that apart from having the key replaced by a knob, the military switch is different internally, having 5 terminals on the back as opposed to 4 on the civvi switch. It appears this is because the live feed to the ignition and lights is separate  on the military switch but shares a common terminal on the civvi version.

The blackout switch was missing completely when I bought the vehicle, with some wire joined together and others simply left as bare ends when the BO switch was removed.

Please can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the military ignition and blackout switch?.

Thanks!

Matt.

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
Re: Land Rover 2a ignition and blackout switch wiring?.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:19:52 PM »
At the top right of this page: "The REMLR Website can be found at http://www.remlr.com"

Click on that link, then go Library>EMEI>Vehicle Wiring Diagrams

Offline Matt Reeves

• THANKS 6
Re: Land Rover 2a ignition and blackout switch wiring?.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 06:12:41 AM »
Thanks that's great!. I did look on the site before posting but initially didn't find the EMEI's.

Cheers,

Matt.