Author Topic: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: Sun. 20th Jan  (Read 401 times)

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 147
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: Sun. 20th Jan
« on: January 11, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
Some Canberra Ex-Mil Landy owners are getting together for a chit chat and coffee and a convoy. Its not a REMLR event, its just a local social.

Its on 1030 at Red Hill Lookout carpark (plenty of room for trailers) SUNDAY 20th January, even if raining or snowing.

All Ex-Mil Land Rovers and other mil veh welcome.

From Red Hill we can look down onto Parliament and spot the trucks bringing in all the fuel excise/tax/and gst on diesel and tipping their loads into the pit..

Coffee is a choice - its available at the cafe (and meals) on Red Hill but we intend to light up our billys and make our own fresh coffee.

Dogs and cats on a leash is okay (as long as its not the same leash).

Cheers.

Confirmations so far...

Greg -Perentie FFR 4x4
Ross -Perentie FFR 4x4
Wayne -Perentie GS 4x4

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 147
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
Re: Canberra Coffee & Chat with Land Rovers: Sun. 20th Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
Sunday's forecast is good -cloudy morning on the way to 34deg top.

Anyone have any bits to swap or trade?

:)

Offline yerriyong

• THANKS 16
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »
I have a turbo from the minto auctions for the modified 4bd1ts 6x6s if that is of any interest.
97 6x6 arn 202 300
90 rfsv arn 51658

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 147
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:24:16 PM »
After Action Report.

Weather and location. Well it was nice and quiet except for one Harley checking us out. Dave arrived first and picked a spot in the shade and it was nice. It only started getting direct sun from about 1330 onwards. Very pleasant. We had the folding chairs etc out and had coffee etc. Even Bikky (Kelpie) had a drink (see pic).

Attendees.
Dave and his 6x6 (purchased end of 2013) (lots of inland treks to Simpson etc) with a lightweight mobile home modification.
Greg and his FFR (purchased 2018) (LRCV mods) with Haulmark fitted with foldout Kings tent.
Wayne and his GS (purchased 2015 I think) (much KLR goodness incl. R380).
Matt with his Defender body on Perentie running chassis (also done at KLR).
Ross and his FFR (purchased 2014)(LRCV mods).
Det and his FFR (purchased 2017 I think)(LRCV mods, just completed 12000km trip).

Turned out that all-but-one vehicle had a Turbo. Dave's 6x6 has seem a few different Turbos to find the right one and it has an intercooler. It has no muffler and we learnt we don't need one either.  Actually, Dave had many good teaching points for us all.

It was an excellent get together and everyone enjoyed it. I think Det was the first to go and that was after about 3 hrs. The last of us left after the 4 hrs mark.

Got home... "What did you do today?" Me: "I parked on Red Hill and spent 4 hours just talking Perenties! And I didn't even have time to get into the cafe." :)

5 of 10 pics
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:57:43 AM by Carzee »

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 147
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:26:25 PM »
another 5 of 10 pics

Offline yerriyong

• THANKS 16
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
It was great to catch up, traveling home with the air filter cap removed, egts did not seem to change (first indicator of changes in restriction on inlet or outlet) and I could not feel any change in performance or fuel consumption but I do believe the theory has merit and I will be looking into it further. The water pump for shower etc is a davies craig ebp25 12v ( same as bosch but cheaper) 25lt/ min ebay $153. The heat exchange is from scintex, 10 30 or 60 plate from $149 - $239. The 296 filter system ( I think cav was the original company, has changed hands numerous times ryco, lucas, delphi) but they are all 296 system and all are basically interchangeable, your original sedimenter is a 296 system so it was possible to remove the center sedimenter part and replace with a 296 filter using what ever bowl you have (the size of bowl does dictate the center bolt length).  You can buy a twin head piece that you can have both your sedimenter and filter side by side.   
97 6x6 arn 202 300
90 rfsv arn 51658

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 147
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »
Thanks a lot Dave, really golden info.

As for the N/A and turbo and getting extra air... I am sold from my own trials. But I should get a meter/gauge...