Author Topic: 110 Landrover Replacement Floor Panels  (Read 319 times)

Offline brettwild

• THANKS 0
  • aaaaa
110 Landrover Replacement Floor Panels
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:37:25 AM »
I have a number of replacement 110 Landrover Floor panels for sale, i have both new and second hand in left and right side
New Panels $180 each - left or right
Second hand panels $100.00 each

These are EX ADF stock
Located in the Hunter Valley
Call Brett 0488 255 666

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 8
Re: 110 Landrover Replacement Floor Panels
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:31:50 AM »
That is pretty pricy...  >:(
I want to get 2 panels for my old Perentie rebuild and a mate wants 2 as well, just not at those prices.

Offline brettwild

• THANKS 0
  • aaaaa
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »
Hi thanks for the email, recently in Sydney they were selling second hand for $450.00 each, happy to do a deal if you need 4, do you need them posted???? and if so to what state happy to negoitiate.

Regards
Brett

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 8
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
Brett, I cannot believe that anyone would ask $450.00 for floor panels.
I've actually got a fair few various floor panels, but they are in a storage container with a couple of tons of other Land Rover bits in front of them, so I won't be accessing them any time soon.

Were you the purchaser of the floor panels at the last (June 2018) AFM auction at Minto?

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
Hi thanks for the email, recently in Sydney they were selling second hand for $450.00 each, happy to do a deal if you need 4, do you need them posted???? and if so to what state happy to negoitiate.

Regards
Brett

Still cheaper than RRP.
1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton

Offline Hot Rover

• THANKS 94
  • REMLR No: 319
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 07:28:02 AM »
It seams to me that certain people are purchasing parts at the auction and using this forum as a market place to try and cash in and sell parts at over inflated prices. I have no problem with people selling part s and making some profit but to purchase a quantity for what these have been purchased for and to turn around and to ask these sorts of prices is nothing more than highway robbery. Warning to all do your research before getting caught up in the moment buying ex defence parts or you will be ripped off!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:52:59 AM by THE BOOGER »
108-545 1963 Series 2A FFW
51-441 1991 Perentie GS (RamRod)
Series 2 Safari (Matchbox)
173-621 1/2 Ton Trailer, Aust No5

Offline brettwild

• THANKS 0
  • aaaaa
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:31:50 AM »
Thanks for the email, its easy to say that you feel that people are making a profit from items purchased at Minto or even anywhere else, in regards to purchase from Minto people have to pay the auction price, plus buyers premium, then drive to Sydney as I'm located in the Hunter Valley, some 3 hrs away from Minto (cost of fuel etc) to pick them up all at a cost, also not all the parts are good and many need to be disposed of.
In regards to the RRP I was quoted the price of $450.00, it was because I need a panel myself, YES i did buy the panels at Minto, however that has no bearing on supply and demand.
Everyone has the same or equal opportunity to buy and sell parts purchased.
As the current owner of 5 Landrovers of all variants and 4 trailers, that all need money spent on them, I resent the attitude that I'm ripping people of, these parts are becoming hard to find at reasonable price.

In regards to the comment that REMLR is not the forum for this for this sort of thing, is it not the forum that connects people with people yet it be parts or knowledge, I spent 24 years in the Army and funding the rebuilding of my landys to do Anzac days etc is my way of giving back, so buying parts, and I have brought pallets upon pallets that are NOT listed.
I'm sorry If people take offence that I'm selling parts that some feel I should probably give away. Everyone has a choice, you do not even understand me or the amount of parts and assistance I have given others in setting up FFR etc.
Regards to all - Brett

Offline David

• THANKS 13
  • REMLR No: 478
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 12:01:20 PM »
I don't have a problem with people listing items they have bought on here at inflated prices.  We don't have to buy their items, but can if we want the parts quickly and don't have time to source them elsewhere.   
I  wouldn't want to be storing panels and parts at my house until I had time to sell them or need them so would expect to pay a fair bit more than auction price.   
As a seller I would want a fairly hefty markup to cover auction costs, transport storage and holding costs and the risk of holding them. 
I wouldn't expect to pay $450 for parts I'd seen sold at $110 but I would have a starting point for negotiations and I would expect I'd get them for a fair bit less than new RRP.    Some time ago I was advised retail shops used to have a 50% margin on whitegoods, similarly if you look at the cost on auto rubbers at rare spares compared to at Bunnings or Clark Rubber they are more than 4 times the price but are convenient and have a good range so people use them, I don't see why private sellers cant make high markups also to cover their risk and hassle, most wont do it for free.  I have bought most of my needed parts from the UK as the service is quicker and cheaper than some AUS sellers but I love to know what options available.

In saying that, whilst the sellers may not agree, it is an open forum so I fully approve of other forum users putting a recent auction price as a comment on the posts so people are aware of the full facts, as long as it isn't done in a bitchy way (and I am not saying it was in this case) as any bitchy post spoils the feeling of the forum for all users and I wouldn't want that to happen. 

I believe emotive personal responses can cause more damage to a great forum like this than anything else, and anyone with opposing opinions should ideally just explain the facts without being confrontational.

Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417

Offline P6X6

• THANKS 25
  • REMLR No: 445
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »
Hi David !! Hope youíre well mate!
Just FYI, I went to action laser cutting and 2 new ones (left and right) cut out of 3mm ally check plate and it cost me about $120 total. Iím really happy with them and they now have the template on file 👍🏻👍🏻
6X6 Air Defence 9/1990 ARN 51867
6X6 Infantry Carrier 11/199 ARN 202238
4X4 RFSV 6/1991 ARN 51673
No.5 half tonne ARN 101525 & PT2-2 11/2001 ARN 203941

Offline FFRMAN

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 204
  • REMLR No: 314
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »
Yeah all good, it's in the parts for sale area. I'm happy, the more the merrier!

As far as price goes simply supply/demand sorts that out.

I know I've bought things way too dear BUT they where available and I needed it and I don't have time to try and save a few bucks sometimes.

I've sold things way too cheap and way too dear....

Its all to do with perspective.
Lots...............
VMVC 251,

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 138
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
Just watching to make sure things stay friendly.
If you wish to become a vendor just ask but the prices are between you and any purchaser.

Geoff
geoff c

Offline juddy

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 62
    • www.landybitz.com.au
  • REMLR No: 352
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 12:29:37 AM »

I don't take kindly to you snide and rude comments and I know others don't either.    " profiteering grubs from eBay "

You have no problem with people selling parts and making some profit? But you clearly have a problem with them making a living, when you don't factor in all other associated costs.

I do agree with you, which you will find surprising that $450 is a lot to pay for floor panels, but $180 is more than half that cost so no ones getting ripped off, its got noting to do with you or me or anyone want a seller decided to sell at, and you would not be purchasing those parts any way as you believe they are too expensive, other s however might gladly buy them glad of the huge saving.

Brett had purchased parts he required and was selling the rest off at a far less than RRP in order to fund his on going projects and you think this is unfair? Poor old Brett can't seem to win.

Lots of private individuals are now buying up from the auctions, and doing so to make a profit, selling at times more than the business do so.

It can be difficult looking at a pallet of parts you paid $3000 ( cost value could be $20,000 ) and thinking 90% of the parts need to go to the tip as you are never going to sell them. Out of the remaining parts " For Example" you need to get a return you have 10 floor panels, RRP $450+ so you sell at half that and after a year or so you mange to sell the lot earning $1800. Not bad a loss of $1200 and that excludes the cost you paid for the shipping.

Agree with Freeman also I have purchased things at a good price and some times at a very high price, but if i need something I will pay the asking price, I would not have the gaul to say the seller is ripping me off.  The amount of parts I have given away runs into the $1000's but maybe better than going to the tip.

1991 110 Truck Surveillance (RFSV), Winch MC2 *51-656*
2004 Truck, Carryall, Lightweight, Modified Military Special, With Winch, MC2/3 205-301, Haulmark PT1-1.2 *205090* No5 Trailer

Images © 2008-2017 J Burton