Author Topic: Morning all...  (Read 875 times)

Offline davesquirrel

• THANKS 1
Morning all...
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:11:07 AM »
Hello you lot,

I can't remember when I set up my membership but I seem to remember there were activation issues, and then life got in the way and I forgot all about it. But here I am!

I'm Dave, I live in Melbourne, and i'm a Landyholic (or at least I would be if I had more room). Having failed to do anything substantial with a decrepit 1984 Range Rover before a house sale meant had to get rid of it, I bought a 1990 Perentie FFR, originally registered 50-218 (I seem to remember filling out an REMLR form to this extent), and then proceeded to knacker my shoulder and not be able to drive it much.

Have a picture of the Landy on the day I picked it up and a more recent one after I finally washed all the dust off...

Sadly, reality has kicked in and the Landy and I must part company in the coming months, so it will probably be a brief and unlively foray into this forum for me. But hello, how are you all?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:38:38 AM by davesquirrel »

Offline davesquirrel

• THANKS 1
Re: Morning all...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:26 AM »
Update (finally).

50-218 has gone on to pastures new and I expect a lot more use.

Bought my some mad child from WA with zero knowledge of how an unregistered vehicle permit works.

He's stripped back the peeling black paintwork and she's camo again, removed the ROPS and fitted what from a distance looks like a cab tarp. Also seems to have big chunky wheels on.

Still belching clouds of black diesel smoke, which I don't miss.

Herein concludes my time with an ex-military Landy...

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 53
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: Morning all...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »
Good on you Dave - Thanks for the story and as always - good luck

STDDIVER