Author Topic: This turned up today...  (Read 855 times)

Offline Iamsam

• THANKS 0
This turned up today...
« on: March 27, 2019, 03:50:51 PM »
I have been thinking about getting an ex Army Perentie for a while and finally bit the bullet. I now have a 1991 RFSV and a no. 5 trailer sitting in the driveway (both with logbooks). ARN 51-711 spent a lot of its life in Far North Qld and since retiring from the Army in 2015 has been sitting almost untouched in a private backyard.

One of the big drawcards for me was that apart from a stereo (which has now been removed) this vehicle remains as it left the Army.

I will try and find out as much as I can about its life in the Army. I have a small list of mods I want to complete but anything I do will be reversible so it is as close to Army spec as possible.

Cant wait to get chatting with like minded people and hopefully get to contribute to the Perentie community in my own way.

Sam.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 53
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: This turned up today...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 05:32:04 PM »
Good on you Sam and welcome to the forum.  I am sure you will enjoy researching the background to your RFSV and how they have evolved.  I have a RFSV ARN 51-594 and believe me a stereo is over rated!  It is great to see you are looking after our history.

All the best,   STDDIVER  :D

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 9
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 03:11:26 AM »
Very nice RFSV, did you get the cam net rack with it?

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 149
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »
Welcome Sam. Thanks for a good pic straight off. It looks terrific. Any plans to attend an event ? We just had a great time at an event and we're getting ready for a local club get together over Easter.

Offline Iamsam

• THANKS 0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »
The "roof rack" came with it but until I get a second set of eyes to ensure I don't wipe out the garage door it will stay leaning against the shed wall. I would be interested in catching up with any locals up here in QLD in the future. Hopefully if the weather clears up a bit I will take some more pictures on the weekend.

Offline Ford Blitz

• THANKS 7
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »
Hi there I also have been bitten by the bug and own a RFSV. The stereo would be useless without headset. Welcome to the mob.
 :)

Offline Philthy

• THANKS 71
  • REMLR No: 425
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:54:01 PM »
Welcome Sam.

Nice one you have there.

Pm me if you would like I'm in Brisbane also.

It's a bit far Canberra for a cup of coffee ;) but if you like to have one around Brisbane your welcome.

Phil

Offline Iamsam

• THANKS 0
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 07:58:37 PM »
Thanks guys. Will definitely like to catch up for a meet and greet up here in Brisbane.