Author Topic: Help with tyres  (Read 1010 times)

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
  • REMLR No: 482
Help with tyres
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
If any one can help with two of 12-00-20 Dunlop PC 50 tyres, new or in as new condition that you would be willing to part with please let me know?
STDDIVER

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 310
Re: Help with tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:24:36 PM »
I think the Mogs run 1200 20 tyres.
Check out the Minto auctions.

I bought my bartreads from Antique Tyres.
REMLR # 310, MVCA # 364, 101 Club # 2188, MHG #101
29-417 101 GS, 30-248 101 Rapier Tractor. 30-238 101
34-597 Crump & Cornish 1 ton Cargo Trailer
RT21 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer, 234-671 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
Thanks Mick - I have 5 pretty good tyres on the F1 just need 2 more really good for the front set, for roadworthy.  The bar treads on there at the present time are original from the army and two are showing small cracks which is really impressive for their age. I'm trying to keep the same pattern, hence the Dunlop PC50.  This tyre is the dunlop PC50 off the Mk 3 - as I am yet to start the rebuild on 170-718 yet - not keen to swap tyres between the trucks.  Dunlop do not make these anymore.  But your suggestion of mog tyres is a worthy one!   Eyes on the auctions.

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 60
  • REMLR No: 432
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
I've seen a couple of different tyre types on the Mogs.
One sort they used were the Goodyear Omnitrac MSD II. See pics below.

It's more of a road tyre, but that may suit you.
My F1 also has the PC50's and I'm hoping they will pass a roadworthy. No cracks in them, but they were off a drilling rid that had been in rocky country and they have a lot of divots and cuts in the tread, nothing deep though.
The 2 best ones are really good and will be going on the front.
For what I intend to use it for, I really need the bar tread types. Let me know how you go with your search.

Greg.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »
Thanks Greg - I have done the internet thing looking for tyres - no luck as yet.  One chap had 4 tyres, however on closer inspection they were 750x16 not 120020 and a different pattern, but I appreciated his efforts in looking and responding. I'll keep you posted on the progress too - On another topic, I am cutting a steel disc the exact dimensions as the crane supporting leg base plate but of lighter material than the alloy plate I am missing.  I will cut the required number of ribs and weld them on - do you want me to make two, one for you?     
Frank 

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 60
  • REMLR No: 432
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »
Yes, thanks. That would be great.
We can work out how to get it down here later.
I was just trying to work out how I would get something to replace the missing foot last weekend, when I used the crane to lift a 365kg tractor mounted log chipper on a pallet out of the work ute and into my trailer.
The foot under the driver's side leg made it all stable, but when I swung the crane around to the passenger's side before folding it up, I was surprised just how far it tilts and twists the chassis if you don't have both legs down.

Greg.

Offline Andrew L

• THANKS 3
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »

I have Two original Lug Tyres spare for sale, dont think they have ever been fitted.
 Anyone needs two make me a offer ,I can send pictures .
Located Glen Innes

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:56:39 PM »
Hi Andrew - There could be very helpful - Please fee free to post pictures or contact me through a PM (Personal meaasge) I'd like to check out the condition of the ytres.

Thanks  Frank

Offline Andrew L

• THANKS 3
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »

Decided to keep them just for know,with a Mark 3 and F 1 they may be better staying with the Trucks as a Extra Spare if I wreck one.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »
Thanks Andrew I was wondering why I had not heard from you - If you need any AACO parts I have manufactured and obtained some hard to get bits - let me know if you are chasing anything specific.

Cheers  STDDIVER

Offline Acco 4x4

• THANKS 5
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
Ok Guys and Gals,
With reservation (because I will end up paying more!!!!! :D) there is a whole bunch of 12.00 r 20's on greys online. Auction ends Wednesday night 20/6. Be gentle with me!

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 52
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 08:48:19 AM »
Thanks Acco - I am bidding too - only want 7 matching tyres - happy to offload extras if I am lucky enough, if not, there is always the next auction.  Gee,  I'd still love to get two Dunlop PC 50 tyres though!   In essence this means the F1 and MK 3 will be shod the same.  One can only hope    ;D    Perhaps a PM on strategy might be useful?

STDDIVER