Author Topic: REMLR shirts (work shirt style with simple embroidered name)  (Read 16021 times)

Offline David

• THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 478
Re: REMLR shirts (work shirt style with simple embroidered name)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 07:26:07 PM »
I vote: short sleeve, khaki, XL (107)

Same short sleeve, khaki, XL depending on price. (I am OK with the $28.50+ embroidery - if the embroidery is split enough ways) and what was the logo going to be, is it to be the same as the red yellow REMLR.COM TAC logo?
Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »
Most suppliers will let you order a combination of sizes and 1 or 2 colours as long as the shirts are the same style. So those who want green or kahki can have what they want in their size. Thats something to check with suppliers also what is their leed time.
I would be short sleeve kahki xxl :D
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
  • REMLR No: 270
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 07:32:53 AM »
Our JB's Gold Coast Shirts, same as Garry had on a AGM, are S and  2Xl SS Khaki.  There seems to a bit of price difference with the quotes.

Mrs hh
78 101 FC 'herc' 30-260; 60  W/shop 'dio' 111-378;

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 164
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • Perentie Wiki
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 09:55:43 AM »
Definite quality difference.
Two other issues.

A. The "logo" bit. Do we have a low-vis tac or red/yellow hi vis? Or do we just have "REMLR" alone (text only)?
B. Shirts for "significant others", i.e., my wife in my case. (... hunt up workshirts for opposite sex.)

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:37 AM »
Definite quality difference.
Two other issues.

A. The "logo" bit. Do we have a low-vis tac or red/yellow hi vis? Or do we just have "REMLR" alone (text only)?
B. Shirts for "significant others", i.e., my wife in my case. (... hunt up workshirts for opposite sex.)

The logo, something similar to what is on the hats?  It is not too large and clearly states who we are.  I assume there is art work for them already in place somewhere.

My JB shirt fits just fine and are happy to purchase another with REMLR.  I doubt there would be enough interest for female style shirts.  Further on looking there seems to be limited color choices for females.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:17:01 AM by The ho hars »

Offline David

• THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 478
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »
The logo, something similar to what is on the hats?  It is not too large and clearly states who we are.
Agree I like the logo on the bucket hat.
Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417

Offline smithy1

• THANKS 2
  • REMLR No: 189
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »
Short sleeve
Khaki
Medium
48461 GS Perentie
51685 RFSV 91 Truck Surveillance
51609 RFSV 90 Truck Surveillance
51789 RFSV 91 Truck Surveillance

Offline Mick

• Veteran
  • THANKS 176
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
Any chance a member take ownership of the embroidery and members post shirts with return post bag to member responsible that member ? Shirt of choice then gets REMLR logo and returned.

Maybe limit shirt styles / colour, etc for some form of uniformity ?

I like the blue shirt with half button front and long sleeves ( See Cooma pic's). The yellow red REMLR design would look terrific.

Cheers,

Mick

Offline Hot Rover

• THANKS 98
  • REMLR No: 319
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »
Any chance a member take ownership of the embroidery and members post shirts with return post bag to member responsible that member ? Shirt of choice then gets REMLR logo and returned.

I like the blue shirt with half button front and long sleeves ( See Cooma pic's). The yellow red REMLR design would look terrific.

Cheers,

Mick
FFRMAN would like one of that style to or maybe the bright green that was worn on the Sunday of Cooma.
Cheers
Rod
108-545 1963 Series 2A FFW
51-441 1991 Perentie GS (RamRod)
Series 2 Safari (Matchbox)
173-621 1/2 Ton Trailer, Aust No5

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick :)

I had refrained from commenting until I read Mick's post; I think that this suggestion has a lot going for it. We needn't be stuck with khaki or green or blue or a certain quantity of shirts.

I think the logo would look good on any shirt an individual chooses (except perhaps for safety yellow :) )

From the POV of UV radiation, a long sleeve shirt is now essential for me outdoors but Mick's method would allow lots of choice;  shirt brand, colour and sleeve length would no longer matter and if payment and a return post bag is included with the shirt there would be no requirement for follow-up.

Have we decided where on the shirt the logo will be located ?

Have we decided on whether a name will be embroidered above a pocket ?

Have we decided on a preferred design/size on which a quote can be got ?

2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 07:47:52 PM »
Mick and Rod are having a go about the half button blue shirts me thinks ;)

Mrs hh

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »

Cheers,

Mick

I had refrained from commenting until I read Mick's post; I think that this suggestion has a lot going for it. We needn't be stuck with khaki or green or blue or a certain quantity of shirts.

I think the logo would look good on any shirt an individual chooses (except perhaps for safety yellow :) )

From the POV of UV radiation, a long sleeve shirt is now essential for me outdoors but Mick's method would allow lots of choice;  shirt brand, colour and sleeve length would no longer matter and if payment and a return post bag is included with the shirt there would be no requirement for follow-up.

I think this has merits though, do we need conformity?  I can see REMLR members wearing a rainbow of colored shirts, especially if Mick and Rod have anything to do with it  :P :D  I would prefer a set color maybe green or khaki and that is it.  What do you alll think

Mrs hh
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:21:17 PM by The ho hars »

Offline John H

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 23
  • REMLR No: 393
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »
Any thoughts regarding singlet design???????
178058 Auto repair rover.178025 Wksp trailer.50076 Perentie GS.101755 Wksp trailer.

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
Any thoughts regarding singlet design???????

Don't start you.  BTW where were you in Corowa and Coomna

Mrs hh

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 103
  • REMLR No: 374
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 08:32:24 PM »

Cheers,

Mick

I think this has merits though, do we need conformity?  I can see REMLR members wearing a rainbow of colored shirts, especially if Mick and Rod have anything to do with it.  I would prefer a set color maybe green or khaki and that is it.  What do you alll think

Mrs hh

I don't think it matters MrsHH, and you can add me to two above-listed ruffians if you like :)

The standard (non-safety) colours for cotton work shirts seem to be green, blue, khaki & grey. IMHO the logo would look good on any of these.

For me the logo is the focus.

A rainbow of colours could be a definite plus, so I guess you can say that I am in favour of non-conformity.

If a member who is a particular extravert wishes to draw attention to him/herself by having the logo applied to a Hawaiian shirt I think we can cope with that but I'd be surprised if many did it.

After all, at Corowa I saw people wearing all sorts of miltype fancy dress and nobody batted an eyelid although i did allow myself a wry smile or two.

FWIW I would like to have some identification as a REMLR member without it becoming a uniform :)
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796