Author Topic: Perentie Tub, ROPS and bars spotted  (Read 472 times)

Offline Stenny

• THANKS 7
Perentie Tub, ROPS and bars spotted
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:58:51 PM »
Just had a Quick visit to our local Landi shop in Hervey Bay a few days ago for a couple of bits and whilst there I asked the owner if he knew the whereabouts of Genuine Perentie Tool box for the Drivers side battery box to mount in place of the 2nd Battery tray in My FFR. He has had a few Perenties in there for sale over the years so worth asking the question. Anyhow 120 bucks later and I had a perfect specimen on the sales counter complete with slider. Couldn't believe my luck! Anyhow enough on that, what may be of interest to others is he also had a complete Tub, High top ROPS and sticks sitting in the back shed removed from a LRPV or similar. It looked quiet straight in the half light and I am pretty sure it had the Tauno sitting in it as well. I asked about it and he told me a very - very interesting story about the vehicle it came off service history and how he came by the tub. It is for sale and wants 1700 dollars for the lot. An absolute bargain IMO. As I say it might be of interest to someone on REMLR - BUT - it is now minus a Tool Box! Petty though the vehicle it came off is now fitted with a white cab and tray apparently. Practical for sure, but unfortunately, yet another piece of history lost and IMO devalued the vehicle substantially whilst at it. Any interested parties, if fair dinkum I can check it right out with the Shed door up this time so a bit more light gets in for a better look and then report back.

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 92
  • REMLR No: 374
Re: Perentie Tub, ROPS and bars spotted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »
If that body came from a RFSV, that tool box is a document box which would fill in equally well
for you use. I use mine to carry brew & cookup kit 😊
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Barefoot dave

• Vendor
  • THANKS 78
  • REMLR No: 369
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:29:23 PM »
G'day Stenny.
Thanks for the heads up.  Certainly sounds like rfsv gear.  Did you notice of the rops had a single hoop or 2?
Kind Regards, Barefoot Dave.
Reunited with my old mate, RFSV 51 680, 'Sleazy'!!
D2 TD5 Auto
Gone:'91 RFSV, '88 Truck Carryall 48 358. Both cared for by REMLR members.

Offline Stenny

• THANKS 7
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »
Hi Dave, mate sorry about the late reply, have been in Bali for a wedding for a couple of weeks. Not sure of the exact configuration of the bars, but I do remember the vehicle it came off sitting in his holding yard for some time and all I can say is it had the high top bars and Tauno fitted. If I had to have a guess I would almost be certain it had the single skinny sticks in between the the front and rear heavy duty high top Rops bars fitted above the Driver and at the rear of the tub. I can have a look in 2 weeks if you were interested.  I am back out western QLD now at work until then. You could also ring them if you wish, its in Hervey Bay at "Andersons Landrover" - Bill Anderson and Richard his son. Cheers.