Author Topic: Afternoon everyone  (Read 136 times)

Offline karlyb

• THANKS 0
Afternoon everyone
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »
 Hi everyone,
 have been the very proud owner of FFR 49 668 for the last couple of weeks. Been slowly fettling her since. Went over the pits yesterday without a hitch, licensed this morning, happy days  ;D

Offline dugite

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 73
  • REMLR No: 374
Re: Afternoon everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:12:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you have got your 110 looking good - thanks for posting the photos :)
2a 109 114-341,
No.5 173-589,
W/S Platform 178-000,
PT1 204-796

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 114
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • RC's Shed
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »
Hi over there and welcome.
Is that Burns Beach?
I see a rear step fitted from the airlift on the driver side over to the one on the passenger side? Maybe... more pics please :)

Offline AGAS 5

• THANKS 244
  • REMLR No: 218
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:31 AM »
Hi everyone,
 have been the very proud owner of FFR 49 668 for the last couple of weeks. Been slowly fettling her since. Went over the pits yesterday without a hitch, licensed this morning, happy days  ;D

Hi Karlyb and welcome to the REMLR Forum.  Did you have to do much work on the Perentie to get registration ?
Series 2A SWB 113-300 VTF
Perentie GS 50087

Offline karlyb

• THANKS 0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:37:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I removed the aerial mounts, tool holders, disguised the airlift brackets (with aluminium plate), installed locks and keyed ignition, padded the rops and generally tidied her up. She had one oil leak from rear diff filler that just needed tightening up. I did all this before the inspection and she sailed through. The only thing I forgot about was getting her weighed, so off for a weigh-in we merrily went, returned with said weigh ticket and all good. Should have reduced her weight before hand but clean forgot.
No complaints, think she is a keeper. First time Perentie owner although have had 2 Lightweights, a 109 and a 90 in the UK, have been Landy less since we arrived here in Australia 10 years ago.
But the Landy bugs` bitten again. ;D ;D ;D

Offline karlyb

• THANKS 0
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »
Hi over there and welcome.
Is that Burns Beach?
I see a rear step fitted from the airlift on the driver side over to the one on the passenger side? Maybe... more pics please :)

Hi Carzee, certainly is Burns Beach, and it is a kind of step, just for the purpose of getting through the inspection, didnt want the hassle of re test so just knocked some alli checkerplate and angle together, same with the removal of aerial mounts and tool holders, just for the inspection. ;).