Author Topic: ISRI Seat Repairs  (Read 105 times)

Offline John Gordon

• THANKS 6
ISRI Seat Repairs
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
Folks, my 9/1990 FFR is fitted with the early type ISRI seats (slim, dark green colour, push in seat base -no lock on the cushion). These are in sound condition and I wish to keep them that way. One problem, the drivers backrest when adjusted to the rake angle I like it feels good at first. When I push back on the seat, the backrest clunks and crashes through a couple of adjustment notches.  I either have the backrest angled too far back or virtually vertical. Just wondering if anyone has repaired the adjustment handle/toothed wheel in the seat? I have checked with ISRI and they have no parts. Most of the seats that come up at auction look more worn than mine and are usually the later type.

thanks,

John

Offline Dervish

• THANKS 52
  • REMLR No: 403
Re: ISRI Seat Repairs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »
Have you tried lubricating the mechanism? Usually what you're experiencing is due to the teeth not fully engaging because corrosion is jamming it up.

Offline John Gordon

• THANKS 6
Re: ISRI Seat Repairs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:03:49 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Yes I have lubed and made sure the lever adjustment is fully engaging. From what I cam see, when the seat has been adjusted the lever may not have been fully disengaged so the locking catch is skimming across the adjustment teeth and wearing them . Now the most common/used spots are not engaging efficiently. Thinking of removing the backrest and seeing if the teeth can be built up and/or recut.